How to remove ATI's CCC but keep drivers?

Tripredacus

I've read a lot online that says it is best to install ATI drivers in stand-alone and not using the Catalyst Control Center installer. I have many instructions to install drivers like this. The problem is that I already have the CCC and ATI's software installed. It hasn't really caused me a problem, but I like to keep my processes down. I think that ATI adds about 6 or 7 processes, and a lot of things that aren't really needed.

Are there any instructions anywhere to show how to remove the CCC and reinstall the video drivers without it?

I'm not trying to get my post count up.....but isn't the option available while installing the drivers.....? Something like a checkbox to exclude the control center? You want to remove CCC after the package is installed?

ATI programmers know what they're doing. It's the way of the future. You are backwards. Your brain should be washed.

Sounds familiar?

Oops, it slipped... :whistle::rolleyes::angel

Now, seriously, the last time I had business with ATI cards, the driver and CC were separate packages and there were separate entries in add/remove. Have you checked there? (I think alrichdesa also suggests that).

But it was a looong time ago, maybe they changed it.

GL

• 3 months later...