user account pictures kept, yet no picture.

mireazma

I kept "user account pictures" and the IE core (thought maybe this is responsible with displaying the avatar in the up start menu). What else do I have too keep in order to have my avatar displayed?

If I select a default photo, it says: "Automation server can't create object". If I browse to my own, it just doesn't show it.

Now for a better idea - in Control Panel/User Accounts when I click on Guest to disable it, it says "The specified program is not a Windows or MS-DOS program."... :realmad:

Sometimes in the User Accounts window this appears: "The page could not be displayed" just like when you try to connect to an offline site with IE (I use FF).

I forgot to mention (it seemed irrelevant) that I removed IE from "Network" section, as I use Firefox. Could this be the cause?

Edited by mireazma

mireazma, I think removing IE is asking for trouble, but we have too little information to see what the problem is. So, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.

Removing IE core is going to cause problems with any Control Panel applets that need the MS HTML subsystem to display contents and/or work correctly. Add/Remove Programs is one example of an applet that won't display correctly, and user accounts is one that needs IE. Why IE core is affecting user account pictures I don't know, as I don't recall a warning in nLite about that. I think you might be able to right click on My Computer and select Manage and that will work, but I don't remember. In any case without IE core you will need some registry keys in place to trick most programs that look for IE -including- the Management Console. I don't remember if nLite does this though. I have them if you think you'd find it useful; shoot me a pm and I'll track that info down for you if you thin kit will help.

Edited by fdv

mireazma, well, you took out a lot of stuff, including IE and Ethernet LAN. How do you connect to the Internet, if at all? I would suggest you need to run some experiments, restoring a number of items at a time. I would start with IE. Remember to always start with a fresh copy of your CD. I hope you are using a virtual system such as VirtualPC, VirtualBox, or VMware Server - all free. You don't need to burn a CD - makes testing very easy. Enjoy, John.