looks for install.txt? what's that

otyk

:hello:

hi all mates, i've just finished mi xpcd slimming.

i tested on my computer (laptop dell inspiron 5100), at that time i didn't get troubles with install or something in that way, 'til today (march 2nd)

a friend of mine ask me for my xp cd ('coz i talk to him about making the slim installation)

he asked me my cd, and when i tried to boot from cd a black screen appeared askinf for "install.txt"

the right message was ' can not find install.txt, your coumputer will reboot'

and, yes, reboots!

after that, I tried with a clean installation and after that change the disk, but at the time, asked me for 'eula' and the computer was restarted again.

so, i tried to format my laptop, and guess what?

i did! :thumbup with the same CD, and a few hours later i tried to format the HDD of another cpu...

and just the same of the first...looks for install.txt..

mates..

what's the matter? :blink:

otyk, weird, huh? Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. What kind of CD is it? If it is a Dell recovery CD, then you probably have problems. What kind of computers are your friends'? I searched my CD and there is no install.txt file. I suspect it is unique to Dell recovery CDs. Enjoy, John.

otyk, by installation CD do you mean store bought OEM or Retail CD? Please post the CD label - something like CRMPXOEM_EN. At this time, I now suspect your text mode drivers. Did you remake the ISO and CD for your friend's computer and its specific drivers, especially text mode? Enjoy, John.

XPCD_SP3

an XP CD installation, and it was just for me, there's no specific drivers for my friend's cpu, also, by the sata drivers (just if one day i need one..)

do you understand me??

do you understand me??

In a word, no! If your friend has no drivers, then remove all the drivers from nLite and run it again for him/her. The XPCD_SP3 is not a MS Windows CD label that I recognize. If this is not a legal copy of Windows, then we cannot help you here. Please see the Forum Rules concerning warez. John.

Legal or not...

You unpack the "MassStorage" of the DriverPack and integrate them with nLite.

These drivers need to be integrated by "textmode" and need to contain a "txtsetup.oem",

but these drivers from DP do not include the "txtsetup.oem" - so the drivers won`t work in textmode.

You`ve got to use the "DriverBase" from DP.