Unattended vista fails!

Hi

I have a problem, i cannot solve.

I am making a Unattended vista installation. But some times when the installation a going from specialize mode into audit mode, the installations fails.

In the specialize mode i am running two commands "RunSynchronousCommand"

First command :

cmd /c "FOR %i IN (C D E F G H I J K L N M O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %i:\AppsRoot.txt SETX AppsRoot %i: -m"

Second Command:

%WINDIR%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /quiet /audit /reboot

(Will reboot is set to Always)

After the second command has run, i get a error "interactive logon fails" and then the pc is rebooting.

Some times the installation keep´s running correct, but 3 out of 4 times the installation fails with this error message:

The installation has been interoupted or an unknown error has occoured to reinstall windows click ok.

Please is there somebody there have an idea ?

Best regards

Christian

• 2 weeks later...

I am having exactly the same problem! :angry: Have created a setup disc using 64 bit home premium which installs silenlty from start to finish but trying to install applications causes an error which shuts down the computer. I am using the methods outlined in firegeier's Vista unattended guide.

Can anybody help? :hello:

• 2 weeks later...

As I have stated several times already because I myself have gone through the same crap - Firegeier's section on applications in his UA vista guide is invalid for SP1 installs - the audit mode switches no longer work in SP1 and if you follow his guide line by line your install will always result in a critical failure.

I think it is time now to make a sticky regarding this issue because too many people today are getting burned by this outdated guide since SP1 is now pretty much the defacto build for any Vista user when building an unattended image.

Firegeier's guide is otherwise quite a valuable resource but this critical flaw needs to either be updated or at least the admins here make a note on his thread so people can save themselves hours of grief.