Converting normal XP into Dell XP

Hello everyone :hello:

As far as I know there are 10 companies which have special Royalty OEM versions of Windows which are activated by the BIOS so that you don't have to enter the Windodws key. Dell, HP, Compaq, IBM, Lenovo, Toshiba, Sony, Acer and some others.

I'm trying to create an XP disc with nlite, Integrator and or HFSLIP. I'm not fussed which I use, and it'll probably be a combination. But how can I do it without starting with a Dell disc?

I'm wondering what files are different and how to convert a regular Windows disc into one of the proprietry brands (Dell for my personal use and others for friends). I've not been able to find out what the files are which need changing or how to do it :blushing: It'd be cool to make a multiboot disc which supports all the branded OEMs :thumbup

Any ideas?

Cool, thanks for the links. OEMscan looks like it will identify what kind of computer it is, but I still have no idea what to do next. I'm guessing that some brand specific files get copied in place of the regular ones.

Do you know which are the files in an XP disc which are different to make it a Dell (or whatever) disc?