No Sound in Nlite latest build

zipzap

I have just created a Windows XP Pro CD from Win XP which has SP2 and adding Ryans update pack latest version 2.2.5 Post SP 2 update and all installed ok and when tried out in Virtual Box I can get no sound.

Yes I started with fresh Windows files but made sure last session was deleted from Nlite. Unsure whether I was needing a fresh copy of Nlite.

Video plays ok etc but cant get any audio things to go

this is the second image I created but didnt delete so much on this image.

But each time started off with new Windows files. So any help much appreciated,

P.S did a search on forum for no sound but came up with nothing, but maybe it was me.?

I have been watching this forum for some time and dont recall any sound issues.

Forgot to add if any help upon checking device manager I get the yellow question marks as below.

under Network adapters.

It has yellow ? mark Before. Other devices.

and Yellow ? mar Before. Base system devices.

Also yellow ? mark Before. Video controller

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by zipzap

zipzap, have you checked on the the VirtualBox forum? Some VMs do not support sound. When I first started with VMware Server, it did not support sound for my OS (XP x64). Have you gone to Sounds and Audio Devices (Under Control Panel) and seen what there? Please post screen shots of that and the Device Manager screens with the yellow. Enjoy, John.

EDIT:

Unsure whether I was needing a fresh copy of nLite.
You should not need a new copy of nLite until there is an update. You also don't need to delete the nLite presets. They are kept to allow you to reuse the same options you used before. You really only need to start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders. All the adapters you specified in the Networking tab of Unattended, I think will have no effect since you did not specify a MAC address for any of them. Please see the help text on that page (? in circle). John. Edited by johnhc

VirtualBox doesn't enable sound by default.. you have to go into the virtual machine's properties and turn it on. XP already has the driver for the sound card VBox emulates, so if it don't work then you probably removed it.

VirtualBox doesn't enable sound by default.. you have to go into the virtual machine's properties and turn it on. XP already has the driver for the sound card VBox emulates, so if it don't work then you probably removed it.

Thanks johnhc and redxii for your replies and info. I didnt go fully and check virtual box for sound but noted the yellow question marks in device manager in VBox and thought nothing of it at time so I burnt a RW CD and installed it and then found no sound as I didnt even think about trying to see if sound worked in V Box.

But I had a suspicion about the yellow question marks in device manager and after installing in HDD the yellow question marks still showed up and no sound programs will work at all. Even installing VLC Media player there is still no sound. Johnhc I will try and see if I can post a screen shot later on today.

Tried original Cd to install sound but no luck.

Here should be the screen shots as mentioned attached

Hope that will shed some light on something. Excuse the quality of shots as unable to find a way to export as file.

Thanks again.

Sorry extra file was to big.

post-136993-1235876224_thumb.jpg

Edited by zipzap

Here should be the screen shots as mentioned attached

Hope that will shed some light on something. Excuse the quality of shots as unable to find a way to export as file.

Thanks again.

Hopefully extra pix is now attached.

post-136993-1235876663_thumb.jpg

zipzap, the easiest way to take a screen shot is to make sure the window you want is selected, then press Alt-Print Screen. This will place the window image on your clipboard. Open Paint and click Edit, then Paste. Save this as a .jpg file. You can paste several shots into one file and move them around in Paint.

I do not use and am not familiar with VB, but I see nothing wrong with what you sent. VB is responsible for installing drivers, not you. Again, you need to consult the VB forum (I assume there is one), and see what you can learn. Are you sure you have properly connected and enabled sound in your VB controls? Enjoy, John.

zipzap, the easiest way to take a screen shot is to make sure the window you want is selected, then press Alt-Print Screen. This will place the window image on your clipboard. Open Paint and click Edit, then Paste. Save this as a .jpg file. You can paste several shots into one file and move them around in Paint.

I do not use and am not familiar with VB, but I see nothing wrong with what you sent. VB is responsible for installing drivers, not you. Again, you need to consult the VB forum (I assume there is one), and see what you can learn. Are you sure you have properly connected and enabled sound in your VB controls? Enjoy, John.

Thank you both for the input I dont for some reason be able to find clipboard or paint so maybe they got removed. I reinstalled clipboad in the other computer but unable to find it for some reason .

g-force said there are a lot of drivers missing but unsure why that would be the case unless ryans update pack is affecting it.?

I will take another look at VB forum again and see what I can find or alternately just NLite my original cd again without ryans update pack and see where I go. Maybe its a problem from Ryans pack.?

But I dont think I can blame VB as burning the ISO to a RW CD I still have the sound problems.

So basically what im saying is burning the ISO and using that I still end up with the sound problem.

I tried a second time deleting less items in N Lite which is the version I pasted here and still same problem.

I checked to made sure sound was enabled and it appears you cant enable it as if driver or file missing.

Even trying to add missing files from original CD it still makes no difference.

But each time a fresh copy of files.

So at the moment still trying to enjoy.

Some questions to be sure that we`re talking about the same things.

1. The screenshots are from VB or from your real PC? VB only emulates generic hardware, not your real hardware.

2. XP contains a poor compilation of drivers, you need all drivers for all your hardware, are you aware of that?

3. Even Ryan`s UpdatePack contains no drivers or driver-updates, are you aware of that?

1. The screenshots are from VB or from your real PC? VB only emulates generic hardware, not your real hardware.

2. XP contains a poor compilation of drivers, you need all drivers for all your hardware, are you aware of that?

3. Even Ryan`s UpdatePack contains no drivers or driver-updates, are you aware of that?

The screen shots are from real PC.

The screen shots are from real PC.

Thought I had better update. I checked VB again and checked on a few more things and appears its not related to Nlite. As I tried without any update pack and still the same. I tried with original Windows CD with SP2 incorporated and got same results. Couldn't try installing to SATA HDD to prove as cant find SATA disk at this stage to install.

So cant eliminate VB. Thanks so far for everyones input which is much appreciated.