i want to integrate the following theme in my XP setup for my first logon

http://deskmundo.deviantart.com/art/SevenXP-4-0-113547246

I have two versions of nlite installed

nLITE 1.0 RC6

nLITE 1.4.1

nlite 1.4.1 does not include the patch of uxtheme.dll

but nlite 1.0RC6 has it

so I enable the patch through nlite 1.0 RC6

to integrate theme I used nlite 1.4.1 bcause nlite 1.0RC6 does not have any such options to integrate theme. but when I tested it, It was not working on first logon.

pls help

varad

if it were me doing it id just toss the theme in

CD:\\$OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes

then add this to you \I386\WINNT.sif

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\nameof.Theme"

you'll also need this in your WINNT.sif so the theme gets copied.

[Unattended]
OemPreinstall=Yes

Thanks mods for reply,

I tried what u said....but the problem is that

the theme does not appear as windows is started first time It should be started from here

19517464.th.png

any solution on this problem

I want that the theme should be by default for the OS

Edited by cyberboy_varad

Is there a chance you might make a version of this theme, so that it would replace the default Windows XP theme with SevenXP ?

I haven't found a way to make it install default. If i use the integrator (1.4.3 or 1.5RC1) it just installs the theme, and is only an available theme for selection in display theme settings.

Can you help me out with info on how to make it integrate right with the integrator (at least to set it as default theme), or make a replace addon luna element (like there is a vista sound scheme that replaces the original xp sounds) ?

Thanks in advance

dunno what to tell you

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\nameof.Theme"

has worked on my CDs. the only difference is i dont use a patched UXtheme and the theme i install is signed (Zune/Energy/Royale) but im sure people have used unsigned themes before.

Try the following;

1. Download the latest version of nLite from ;

www.nliteos.com

Install this version and remove previous versions.

2. Run your original source CD through this version only using an original copy of XP (I recommend XP Pro personally)

3. Keep OEM Preinstall in the unattended section and fill in your other details if you are using an unattended setup.

4. Under the patches section make sure you ENABLE unsigned themes (it is disabled by default).

5. Once nLite has finished then goto the source you are using on your HDD (the folder which contains the I386 folder) and create the following folder structure.

$OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes

6. Into this folder place your theme file and folder.

7. Now open your WINNT.SIF file with notepad and enter the following at the bottom;

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile="%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\[enter your theme name here].theme"

This is where you were going slightly wrong there are no spaces around the equals sign (=)

8. Press Ctrl+S to save the edited WINNT.SIF file.

Enjoy!

If you are having problems with your sounds I can help with that too.

Hope this helps :D

Stoner81.

This is where you were going slightly wrong there are no spaces around the equals sign (=)

my unattended install disagrees. the code i quoted above is direct from my XPSP3 DVD i have on 300+ PCs with the Zune theme. either way should work fine.

my unattended install disagrees. the code i quoted above is direct from my XPSP3 DVD i have on 300+ PCs with the Zune theme. either way should work fine.

In that case I have no idea why it wont work but hey ho!

Try the following;

1. Download the latest version of nLite from ;

www.nliteos.com

Install this version and remove previous versions.

2. Run your original source CD through this version only using an original copy of XP (I recommend XP Pro personally)

3. Keep OEM Preinstall in the unattended section and fill in your other details if you are using an unattended setup.

4. Under the patches section make sure you ENABLE unsigned themes (it is disabled by default).

5. Once nLite has finished then goto the source you are using on your HDD (the folder which contains the I386 folder) and create the following folder structure.

$OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes

6. Into this folder place your theme file and folder.

7. Now open your WINNT.SIF file with notepad and enter the following at the bottom;

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile="%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\[enter your theme name here].theme"

8. Press Ctrl+S to save the edited WINNT.SIF file.

Enjoy!

If you are having problems with your sounds I can help with that too.

Hope this helps :D

Stoner81.

and how about integrated sound to instalation CD ?

• 1 year later...

I did all of that but i have the same problem as him. My unsigned theme get copied but i have to manually change it after install. Do i have to edit the theme file or can i jst copy it to the oem folder. Cant u download it and try and give me feedback? The theme. Stolen16Mx was used in xp dark edition just google for it

• 3 months later...