Install all newest Visual Studio Runtime Libraries

Hello everybody!

Sure, applications should bring their runtime libraries with them - but older ones don't always bring them, and I love old applications.

Also, I want to have the newest safest runtime libraries on my computer - but I'm not willing to search for application security updates, and many of their software editors have disappeared anyway.

Sometimes I want to bring the newest libraries back on my computer after a badly designed application installer messed it.

For all these reasons, I'd like to have something like an installer (or a few ones) for all the newest Visual Studio Runtime libraries.

To be accurate, I'm not integrating them in my application, but providing them to existing applications - I expect to get the best answers from this programmers' forum, though.

So far, I've found:

- vbrun60sp6.exe and its KB957924, plus vcredist_x86.exe (2008sp1) - this latter seems to request W2k at least, as it needs Msi3.0

- Or mmenu.exe and msmenu.exe which I converted to 44 Msi files using msm2msi.exe: not very convenient, and I doubt mmenu.exe (=6sp5) has VID6, VFP6 and VJ++6 as announced, since mmenu.exe only brings Mdac.msm that msmenu.exe (=6sp6) lacks.

- For DotNet, I believe to have everything.

Not useless to know: I want to install the runtime libraries on W2k and on W95b, yessir. Though W95b probably won't accept even DotNet1.0sp3, or will it?

Maybe I can forget VID6, VFP6 and VJ++6, since I'm not aware of any of my applications using them.

Suggestions? Limit myself to VB and VC? Then, what is (and where do I find) the latest vcredist_x86.exe that fits on W95b?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by pointertovoid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you mean that .NET Framework installs Vb and Vc runtimes (and J++ and and and) as well?

Then, I'd put .net 1.1sp1 and 2.0sp1 (or sp2) on W2k and have all newest Msvcrt and Mfc at once. Nice.

But for W95b, even .net 1.0 isn't supported officially. Does it work properly?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...