My website is back up

Tripredacus

First I dealt with my old host closing up shop and being serverless for a few months. Then I got webspace up again but nothing to put on it. Any time there is any server change I always like to redo things again and start fresh. I went through and got a web server up and running on my computer at work (my production pc, not any of the servers) and began testing out systems. In the past, I had always created everything from scratch, because in said past, most products just didn't offer the things that I wanted, or I couldn't get my head around them.

I tested out Mambo, Xoops and other CMS. I did not want to write my own CMS (I've done this before) because it takes too long to do it, and it isn't as secure as ones out in the open source community. After not being satisfied about any of the CMS I tried out, on a whim I tried out MediaWiki, which is the software used for WikiPedia and also Wikia's sites. I got it all up and running at work but wanted to make it better. Playing around with different skins and I found one that I liked but I needed to change it around. I got everything the way I wanted it and saved the files that I needed and emailed them to myself... Old fashioned! :whistle:

Then came the task of getting the Wiki installed on my server, and getting it to work, which took nearly a month. I finally got it all working today! And also got my custom skin to work as well. There are still a couple tweaks I need to do to make it perfect, but it feels good to have gotten this far already.

Check it out and tell me what you think!

http://tripredacus.net/

And yes, user registration is disabled at this point. :yes:

• 1 year later...

Unlike my last post, I had lost since blown away the Wiki on my site. It wasn't very fun. I decided to re-upload my old site. After correcting a bunch of problems with it and changing the CSS a bit, Is back up to being something neat to me. I've only spent a couple days on it so far and still have a bunch of work to do. I haven't tackled the content so much at this point. The old content is still there, and I am already working up plans to slim down or streamline what content I have on there. There may be some color tweaks left to do, and still need to figure out what to do with the section that has the Megatron quote.

http://tripredacus.net/

I am also trying to figure out a better way to do the links page... I also get to dream up some new designs for HLC section up top but no hints yet.