Brand New Windows XP SP3 Genuine Disc?

neowillendit

Wut up fellow MSFN Brothers, :hello:

Just ran out to Best Buy to purchase the new Windows XP Pro SP3 Full Disc and now I'm thinking...I think I made a BIG mistake.

Now I don't think there's a way to apply the Hotfixes that are included inside of SP3 to Internet Explorer v.7.0 and WMP v.11!! How in the world is this now possible?

Thank you all in advance...

XP-SP3 doesn`t include IE7 and WMP11, neither Updates and Hotfixes for both of them.

If you want to include IE7 and WMP11 to your XPCD, use nLite. The Hotfixes are needed, too.

There are complete Addons available.

XP-SP3 doesn`t include IE7 and WMP11, neither Updates and Hotfixes for both of them.

If you want to include IE7 and WMP11 to your XPCD, use nLite. The Hotfixes are needed, too.

There are complete Addons available.

I beg to differ "G-Force, as I've referenced the list of Hotfixes from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480/ and inside the "Windows XP Service Pack 3 Overview PDF from Microsoft says:

"Microsoft is not adding significant functionality from newer versions of Windows, such as Windows Vista, to Windows XP through XP SP3. For instance, Windows XP SP3 does not include Windows Internet Explorer 7, although Windows XP SP3 does include updates to both Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7, and it will update whichever version is installed on the computer. For more information about Internet Explorer 7, visit http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...ult.mspx."

If anyone knows how to do this as "Creating an ISO from my Disc, and using nLite to integrate WMP v.11 & IE v.7.0 into an image that already has SP3 in it will not work, please let me know Brothers... :hello:

Edited by neowillendit

"Creating an ISO from my Disc, and using nLite to integrate WMP v.11 & IE v.7.0 into an image that already has SP3 in it will not work"

umm do them from the runonce with silent swtiches?

you should be able to install wmp11 then run 936782 and 954154, then uninstall IE7 and drop on firefox :)

Windows XP SP 3中并为集成IE 7或者更高版本的浏览器,也没有集成Windows Media Player 11,如果你想使用这二项全新的软件需要去Windows Update进行更新!
2.d Please be mindful of other users on this forum, and post in English. If you must post in your native tongue, please include an English translation along with it so that it can be better read and responded to by the rest of the forum members who are also using English, and also so that if it ends up being a useful post, others will be able to view and read it later. This site is an English site, so please be mindful of that when you post.

Hey Brothers,

I agree with everyone that it is possible to integrate WMP v.11 and IE v.7.0 into an image of my Disc...but how can I know if the Hotfixes that are in SP3 have been applied to WMP and IE if SP3 was already there?

The hotfixes inside SP3 replace many DLLs and EXEs and if those hotfixes are already applied inside my Windows XP installation, how can they apply themselves to WMP and IE after-the-fact?

Thank you MSFN friends... :hello:

"For instance, Windows XP SP3 does not include Windows Internet Explorer 7, although Windows XP SP3 does include updates to both Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7, and it will update whichever version is installed on the computer.

This is only true if you apply the SP3 to an existing installation. It is not true if you buy an XP-SP3 CD.

neowillendit, read carefully what you quoted from Microsoft page:

and it will update whichever version is installed on the computer

Do you see? It says that it will update IE7 or WMP11 on computers which already has it installed. You are doing slipstream here. When you slipstream SP3 to you disk, and then integrate IE7 and WMP11 you also need to integrate related hotfixes. Disc with SP3 slipstreamed does not contain updates for IE7 and WMP11. As I already said you'll need to integrate it. I hope you understand now.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

Addendum to above (based on this) -

Best Buy to purchase the new Windows XP Pro SP3 Full Disc
SP3 is pre-integrated on you new disk. It will contain IE6 and MP10. Just slipstream the IE7, MP11, and all relevant hotfixes and all will be well.

Hey guys.

Great post.

Now I want to do the same. I have already slipped IE7 and WMP11, however on the wmp11, I have an issue with the 'validate' install.

How did you get around that?

Thanks.