IE in Windows 7 slow

ElAguila

I am running the x64 version of Windows 7 beta 7000. I have noticed that the 32bit Internet Explorer is very slow to bring up web pages. Any ideas how to speed things up? I haven't tried the 64bit version of IE because flash doesn't work with it.

Edited by ElAguila

IE8 shouldn't be slow, specifically, but the build that shipped with Win7 build 7000 was not the RC1 build (it was barely past the beta build released last year). Is it one specific site that renders slowly, or a set of specific sites?

No, you cannot upgrade IE8 on Win7, as that's the version that ships with the OS. However, if it's all sites, and you aren't using a proxy, I might suggest trying to start IE with no add-ons to see if that's what is causing it (start > iexplore.exe -extoff) to start in safe mode.

I'm a dialup user.

In build 7000, IE8 is so slow I no longer try to use the internet with Windows 7.

I am use to waiting for things to load, but this is ridiculous.

by the way, I clear my cache often, it isnt affecting my judgement here.

My PC multiboots 4 different OS so I boot up Vista If I need to go on the net.

shark

我认为它并不是缓慢的,只是有的网站与IE 8不兼容造成的!

[Translation follows:]

IMO it is not slow, the cause is likely because some sites are not compatible with IE8!

Edited by Yzöwl
Translation appended

Seeing the exact same thing with build 7022. I was thinking that it was the Kaspersky preview for Windows 7. The same mess with connector for WHS. When logging on in the mornings (PC has been left on) it takes several minutes before a) connector software "connects" B) folder opens to view network files stored on WHS c) RDP to connect. It says to "check to make sure that name is spelled correctly". If I wait those several minutes then all goes back to normal...til the next morning.