Merge Office 2007 Enterprise and Project 2007

vinodh

I have already searched the forums, various Microsoft blogs and have so far built a CD that when the installer starts, it asks you to choose your product:

x2ohbz.jpg

What I would like to do is if the installer would allow you to install both products at the same time as if Project is part of Office Enterprise. The method that I currently use forces me to go back and the restart the installer and then choose the other option. I have already embedded the product keys using the the Office Customization Tool. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by vinodh

I'd put all the office install files in a folder named Office, and all the project install files in a folder called Project, and put an install.cmd at the root of the disc similar to this:

start /wait office\setup.exe

start /wait project\setup.exe

exit

hope this helps....

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, my Office 2007 installation is corrupted. Probably from all those tests I was doing! I tried various methods to uninstall it including this method:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us

It failed. Despite what I try, Office gives me a bootstrap error. I probably will have to re-install Windows 7 again. Oh well. That will teach me. Use a Virtual PC next time! :P

I tried merging the installers as you did, but I was not able to get past the product selection either. I seperated out the files again, removed the folders Admin, Catalog, and Rosebud from my new VISIO folder and adjusted my script a little. There may be some super Config.xml file that can do it correctly, but I dont know it....

Thats a pity. I was hoping you would be sucessful. If it works, it would fit perfectly on CD without any problems. My current method already does. It just takes a long time to install.

• 2 weeks later...
Thats a pity. I was hoping you would be sucessful. If it works, it would fit perfectly on CD without any problems. My current method already does. It just takes a long time to install.

Have you tried making the whole package a SFX with winrar? I was able to shrink mine down by ~100 MB...

No. Never tried that. Actually, I have very little knowledge of SFX type archives. Also, will this method then allow a seamless install of both Office and Project? My ideal scenario is if the user, after starting the installer, saw some sort of feedback confirming that Office is installed. Otherwise they believe Office crashed and want to start to re-install.

Thanks for the tip. I'll go study up on SFX. :D