Using VBA macros to hide the ribbon

ハイドン

I've been trying to completely hide the Ribbon interface in Office 2007, and I've made some progress through using VBA macros.

I know the Excel Ribbon can be hid with the following VBA code:

Sub HideRibbon() 
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",False)"
End Sub

And the following works with another program (I forget which):

Sub HideRibbon()
DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo
End Sub

But is there any equivalent to hide the Ribbon in Word?

Also, anyone know if its possible to show the Quick Launch Toolbar while hiding the ribbon?

Edited by ハイドン

Or you could just choose minimize ribbon in the dropdown next to the quicklaunch.....

That will hide the ribbon, but it is still accessible. The macros I posted above completely remove the ribbon from Excel, and I think the other one is for Onenote. They remove everything; Office Button, Tabs, Ribbons, and the Quick Launch Toolbar (though that can be brought back through using RibbonX from what I've read). You can get an idea for what it does by reducing the height of a document window until the ribbon vanishes. In Excel the macro does the exact same thing but just makes it work with a larger window. I was hoping that there is an equivalent for Word, for I find it strange that the Office Team wouldn't have standardized this sort of thing.

Edited by ハイドン

Or you could just choose minimize ribbon in the dropdown next to the quicklaunch.....

That will hide the ribbon, but it is still accessible. The macros I posted above completely remove the ribbon from Excel, and I think the other one is for Onenote. They remove everything; Office Button, Tabs, Ribbons, and the Quick Launch Toolbar (though that can be brought back through using RibbonX from what I've read). You can get an idea for what it does by reducing the height of a document window until the ribbon vanishes. In Excel the macro does the exact same thing but just makes it work with a larger window. I was hoping that there is an equivalent for Word, for I find it strange that the Office Team wouldn't have standardized this sort of thing.

Have you read the information presented in Customizing the 2007 Office Fluent Ribbon for Developers (Part 1 of 3), specifically the "Ribbon Customization Scenarios for Other Applications section"?