Event Error ID10

davidhassan

Hi,

You've all probably heard of the Event Error ID10 headaches people have had, which cause your computer to lock up.

I followed the fix on this website, and i'm not receiving Event 10 anymore, and im not getting and errors.

http://www.msfn.org/board/Here-s-how-to-Fi...ns-t114389.html

Although, i am still freezing. i am now getting WMI Event ID 5617 around the time of the crash, and its description is :

'Windows Management Instrumentation Service subsystems initialized successfully'

I have cleared and delted the WMI files as instructed, so i dont know where i'm going wrong.

Please help, as i need this computer for the weekend.

Thanks,

David.

Hi,

I have 3GB of RAM,

Vista Home Premium, 32 - Bit, Service Pack 1.

And my processor is an AMD Phenom 8450 Triple - Core -2.10 GHz.

I have tried some of the fixes i've found on the internet, and i've asked some tech friends i have, but they don't know what the problem is.

I'm only freezing when i play one game, Guildwars, and i have contacted the manufacturor of the game and they have made it clear its not there problem.

I have also contacted my computer manufacturor, Packard Bell, and although both support teams were very helpful, i haven't been able to find a solution.

Also, i have got rid of Event errorid10, but have this trio of information messages when i freeze now:

1)WMI 5615 - Windows Management Instrumentation Service started sucessfully

2)ESENT 102 - Windows (2276) Windows: The database engine (6.00.6001.0000) started a new instance (0).

3)WMI 5617 - Windows Management Instrumentation Service subsystems initialized successfully

I'm by no means a expert with vista, and i find it very confusing compared to XP, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David.

What video card are you using? Try to run the game as Administrator, and also change your video settings to low or off for everything to see if it still freezes. Yes the game will probably look like crap if you do this. Or if the game has a safe mode option, try that.

Ran as admin - still freezing etc.

Ran RAM and HDD tests - no problems.

So, to get out of this Vista mess to play it i decided to use Windows Virtual PC, and i'm using XP on that.

I have installed the game on XP, but i can't play it as the screen res is stuck at 800x600 and 4bit colour.

So, i figured i had to install the nVidia drivers for XP, so im doing this and at 90% i get the 1st blue screen if of comp.

Please help,

Thanks,

David.

EDIT : Blue screen trouble-shoot says:

This problem was caused by your network adapter, which was created by Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Edited by davidhassan@hotmail.co.uk

Hi,

Thanks for your early reply :thumbup

Well, i'm not too sure if on the virtual XP i have any driver at all, as it is very pixelated and as i said only 800x600 and 4bit colour, with no option to change.

On my vista i have an Nvidia 8200 graphics card and this driver, one of the latest .

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_181.22_whql.html

So, i figured to solve the pixelated XP i'd update the graphics on that OS, so i DL'ed the XP version of that driver package, extracting all the files, and then i'm told its not compatible.

I assume XP is using the same graphics card vista is, but any help is welcome.

Thanks,

David.

I think you are chasing the wrong animal.

I'm only freezing when i play one game, Guildwars, and i have contacted the manufacturor of the game and they have made it clear its not there problem.

I believe it is a problem with your settings in that game, Virtual Environments are not a reliable place to test hardware anyway.

What are the symptoms when you switch your current setting from either Opengl or Direct 3D to the other?

Hi again,

Thanks for your response iamtheky.

I tested the hardware outside of the Vitual OS, and like i said it was fine.

Actually, i have now started Blue-screening aswell since adding Windows Virtual PC, and this is while im not playing my game. The error report states that its a proplem with my realtek network adapter, and my freind says its trying to make the connection between the physical and Virtual OS's.

In addtion, i am still freezes when playing the game, but BlueScreens are now more common :wacko:

When i try to run my game on the Virt OS, it says 'Please install Direct X8 or higher and update your video card' - i have tried to do both but it isnt letting me on the virt OS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is killing any free time i get :blushing:

Thanks,

David.

I think you are chasing the wrong animal.

I believe it is a problem with your settings in that game, Virtual Environments are not a reliable place to test hardware anyway.

What are the symptoms when you switch your current setting from either Opengl or Direct 3D to the other?

nowhere do i recommend testing the hardware, just modifying in game settings.

If you have video problems and are not going to tweak video settings or even sub out the vid card..... what are you planning on finding?

Do so on your local machine as troubleshooting a driver/HardWare issue inside a virtual environment makes little to no logical sense, imho.

Hi,

Sorry, i'm not familair with this Vitual OS at all, so i may sound stupid when i talk about it.

If i want to change the video settings in the Virt comp, wihout changing the vista settings, how can i do this?

Also, i have DirectX10 on Vista, but i dont think i have it on XP.

Thanks for your patience,

David.

EDIT: I had tested the hardware before even installing the Virt system.

Edited by davidhassan@hotmail.co.uk