Word 2007: "Total Editing Time" not working

Hello everybody!

I have recently re-discovered the Word (2007) feature "total editing time":

Office Button -> Prepare -> Properties -> Document Properties -> Advanced Properties -> Statistics

(a long way, I know)

I have also learned how to display the total editing time in the document itself:

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.a...0&seqNum=12

The problem is:

It doesn't work. In the above statistics the minute counter stays firmly rooted to 0. The edittime filed does the same.

Now I've looked in every possible option I could find and there is no trace to enable this feature anywhere.

How can I enable "total editing time" in Word 2007?

After another few hours of research I seem to have found the heart of the problem:

I modified a file, but the Total editing time setting stays at zero.

Some countries/regions, such as Germany, have laws that regulate automatic tracking of the time you spend working on a computer. If your location specified on your computer is a country/region that regulates automatic tracking of work, the Total editing time (File menu, Properties dialog box, Statistics tab) is turned off.

:realmad: I am not amused!

It may indeed be illegal to track somebody else's time but surely not ones own. I believe this should be a choice option!

So... I have little motivation to change my region, as many other factors are affected by that (currency symbol, date format etc).

Any ideas for a feasible approach to spoofing office with a different region / unhooking the check etc?

Maybe a good ol' registry hack? :w00t: