Outlook 2007, IMAP GMAIL, and AD

luke.mccormick

Scenario: I use Outlook 2007 to IMAP two gmail accounts (for myself) and another user in AD will be IMAPPING a third gmail account. Active Dir is setup with a shared private directory for the home folder share, roaming profiles WILL NOT be used. I am distributing Outlook 2007 using an admins MSP file through System Center Config Mgr 2007 to several different clients, XP, and Vista.

My main point of AD is so that any user in the domain can logon to any computer in the domain, gain access to their files with no problems.

I made the MSP file with the CIW for office 2007, I told it to put the default location for MSPs to the user's home directory (H:\outlook\outlook.pst) I am not using exchange. When I launch outlook the pst is created, however, when I add the IMAP accounts it puts those PSTs in c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\app data\microsoft\outlook (not sure of the exact path, but the default default path.)

does anyone have any hints for me, so that I don't have to reconfig outlook every time I reimage a computer, or logon to a new computer?

Thanks in advance.