Need a New Graphics Card

computerwizkid

If you don't have more than one hard drive and optical drive, as well as no extra cards like sound and LAN (they are built in), and your CPU is not a quad core, then going to a 4650 or 9500GT will probably work with your current PSU as they only use another 20-25W or so.

isnt the 9500 a crappy card ? i think the 9600 is supposed to be better

while space for fitting the card is one thing, do you have proper cooling for your system because over heating is going to have fun with you

Edited by D_block

Sure I'll Get The 4650.Are You Sure It Will Work?

Yep it will work in your PC but make sure you get a low profile one. It does not need another power connector from the PSU either, which shows it doesn't use much power.

isnt the 9500 a crappy card ? i think the 9600 is supposed to be better

while space for fitting the card is one thing, do you have proper cooling for your system because over heating is going to have fun with you

While the 9500GT is half as powerful as the 9600GT it is a whole lot better than what he has and sucks less power than a 9600GT. Looks like he will get a HD 4650 though. Low power cards like these aren't going to produce much extra heat either.

Edited by Zenskas

That card is very nice and has a decent fan so hopefully won't overheat. An anti-static bag helps protect computer parts from static electricity which can damage them. The new card will come with an anti-static bag so you can put your old card in that. I wish graphics cards were that cheap here in Australia! That card would cost me $90 over here.

Also just read a few user reviews of that card you posted on Newegg and one comment said it worked in their Dell Vostro 200 Slimline case with just a 275W PSU. Another customer said it worked in their slim HP case with just a 160W PSU! So I don't think power will be an issue thankfully :thumbup

Edited by Zenskas

I wish graphics cards were that cheap here in Australia! That card would cost me $90 over here.

That's not even impressive, not even a deal, that's everyday prices :lol: I got a passively cooled 4670 for like $5 more (not a low profile card though -- no use for one). For $90 USD ($100 CAD at today's rate) here you could get a 4850 or a 9800GT.

Just sayin' ...

Anyhow. That 4650 is a decent choice for sure. Great for playing HD stuff too.

I wish graphics cards were that cheap here in Australia! That card would cost me $90 over here.

That's not even impressive, not even a deal, that's everyday prices :lol: I got a passively cooled 4670 for like $5 more (not a low profile card though -- no use for one). For $90 USD ($100 CAD at today's rate) here you could get a 4850 or a 9800GT.

Just sayin' ...

Anyhow. That 4650 is a decent choice for sure. Great for playing HD stuff too.

Yeah will be much faster than a 4550. I know, Australia sucks for PC parts. Cheapest price for a 9800GT round here is about $140 if your lucky. My CPU goes for about $160 on the cheapest online shops here. My 9600GT cost me $150 late last year. :angry: Oh and in local shops in town the 9600GSO was $190 while I was looking for parts to build the PC in my sig.

Edited by Zenskas

Well again,thank you.Only task to do now is to convince my parents to buy it.Hopefully I can run Call of Duty world at war alot better.And i know i can run Call of Duty 4 at Max at 1440x900.And then I can challenge u if u have it. :sneaky:

Edited by computerwizkid