Unable to access microsoft.com from nlited XP

dapaulid

Hey there

Today I installed XP from MSDN AA processed by nLite on my notebook. Now I experience the problem that I can't access any page from Microsoft (404)... Even the activation process can't connect. Ping on microsoft.com doesn't resolve the IP. On other computers in the LAN everything works just fine...

Is there any setting/removed component that might cause this problem?

Greets

Dan

dapaulid, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Can you access other sites on the Internet? Enjoy, John.

Hey John

Indeed, I had several nLite sessions:

- Slipstreaming SP3 (XP from MSDN AA had SP2 included)

- (not using nlite) Applying Sereby's Updatepack for SP3 3.9.2

- Removing Components, Unattended, Tweaks

- Including Drivers

I always used Last Session.ini as preset. Could this cause any inconsistencies?

And yes, internet access works well, the problem is only for pages related to microsoft.com.

Another strange thing is that the "Show all folders and files" setting in folder options isn't stored - I'm not able to display the hidden files...

I attached the ini's of the several sessions. Sorry that they're in German...

Greets

Dan

LETZTE_SESSION.INI

LETZTE_SESSION__205502.15_16.27.17_.INI

LETZTE_SESSION__205502.15_16.53.56_.INI

dapaulid, I know nothing about "Applying Sereby's Updatepack for SP3 3.9.2", so I can't comment on it. If MSDN slipstreamed in SP2, then adding SP3 will not work. Look in your original folder and see if there is an SPNOTES file (attach here, if so). Also, please post a Windows Explorer screen shot of your original folder so we can see the files/folders present. I suggest that you do as the rules stated that I posted. Make an ISO in one nLite session (skip the Sereby step), and see if it works right. When you have seen strange symptoms, most likely there are many more to come. There is some inconsistencies in your Last Session - e.g. the Unattended section is different. Again, I would suggest you do all in one session. I don't use update packs, but there are ones available to be included into nLite directly. Please let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.

hey there

I solved the problem: The notebook where I created the nlited XP was infected by Conficker, and it spread over to the new notebook where I installed XP... Maybe by the USB stick I used to install drivers or maybe the XP installation was already infected itself. I now removed Conficker from my system and everything works again.

Many thanks for your help anyways. :thumbup

Greets

Dan

@g-force: Danke, werd mich da mal umsehen :)