WSIM Window 7 build-error simmilar to Windows Vista

Hi all

I used WSIM to create an answer file for my Windows 7 beta disk so I could run an unattended installation

I used several sources, msfn and firegeri's guide and everything looks fine until I start to install it. In vmware first, for testing purposes.

During installation or "offlineServicing" step I get a strange error that is not so well documented.

"Windows could not not apply unattend settings during pass [offlineServicing]"

Some pics.

Installation error

win7error.jpg

WSIM

wsim2.jpg

A section of my answer file looks like this. Here is where everything crumbles

<settings pass="offlineServicing">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-PnpCustomizationsNonWinPE" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<DriverPaths>
<PathAndCredentials wcm:keyValue="6a7b2ae4" wcm:action="add">
<Path>H:\Distribution\Out-of-Box Drivers</Path>
</PathAndCredentials>
</DriverPaths>
</component>
</settings>
<cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim:h:/distribution/sources/install.wim#Windows 7 ULTIMATE" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
</unattend>

As you can see I removed the "credential" string. The same thing happens if I don't remove it.

Does anyone have a clue?

I post this here because is the same for Vista, no difference what-so-ever when deploying it and the tools used.

I used WAIK 3 beta for this.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by atolica

So let's start out with looking at your paths. You specify H:\ which either means you mapped a network drive in a previous action or you are copying off a drive physically connected to the computer at the time of install. I am going to guess that the Setup cannot find the path you are referring to, or is getting denied to connect to it. If this is a network path, try using a UNC path as the Unattended Windows Setup Reference uses as an example.

EDIT: I was confused by the code that you posted, as it included extra info not (immediately) relevant to your post.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to make sure if you touch anything to do with a package you will get that error. If you have not touched a package i have no idea

ps: Just get rid of the packages i had the same problem and that fixed it. Also if you try anything of the audit instead of oobe in some of the settings it comes up with an error not being able to find audit.

Edited by wonderboy52