Nlite ISO Reboot Loop

Bethrezen

hi all

im having trouble geting my nlited iso to work for some reasion i keeps geting stuck in a reboot loop and before anyone says it no im not nliting the files more than once i already though of that its also its not anything im changing either coz i still get this problem even when the only thing i do is to intergrate the servace pack and hot fixes and make an iso

so anyone got any idea what is goin on and why i cant get this to work is it a bug in the current version of nlite ya think ?? or mabe a bug with SP3 its self ?

[edit]

ok the plot thickens dosnt seem lik this problem is with nlite or SP3 as i was able to slip stream just SP3 and make a working iso so it seem like the culprit maye in fact be one of the hot fixes

coz as soon as i added the hot fixes and made a new iso the problem came back so looks like its time to add each hot fix one at a time to see if i can locate the issue

[edit]

after some playing around i beleave i have found the offending patch that is causing me the reboot loop issue its

IE7-WindowsXP-KB961260-x86-ENU.exe

i was able to intergrate every other patch i downloded with out incedent and the iso worked just fine so it seems clear that its this patch thats misbehavige and doing somthing that its not suposed to be what its doing i dont know mabe somone smarter than me could look in to it see if they can spot whats goin on

Edited by Bethrezen

Bethrezen, here is the size (Not Size on disk) and MD5 for IE7-WindowsXP-KB961260-x86-ENU.exe:

8.58 MB (9,006,448 bytes)

MD5 32A7184EE6DBB39EE418BAD149F1660C

Please check to see that yours agree. Are your updates in the proper order? Did you install IE7 before this update? Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Enjoy, John.

Did you install IE7 before this update? Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Enjoy, John.

hi

i have no idea probably not i just selected all the updates from the critical folder and then added them to the list in one go i wasn't aware that i needed to add them to the list in any particular order i though nlite would automatically slipstream the files in the proper order humm . . .

I'll have to take another shot at creating an nlited iso with that one applied but this time make sure to add the files in the right order see if that makes any difference

as for checking the md5 hash how do i do that do i need some sort of a file scanner ?

Bethrezen, we need to see your Last Session.ini - please attach (not paste). There are many hash checkers. I use HashTab. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: NLite does not sort hot fixes and you must place them in the proper order or you end up with a mess. John.

Edited by johnhc