adding new user accounts in nLite

MNcamper

I have not been able to add new user accounts.

Not a big deal. I have just four to add.

No errors or anything.

The accounts are just not there at the end of the installation.

All my other modifications and settings in nLite appear to be there.

Installing XP Pro + SP3 on a Dell Inspiron 8600.

Installing to NTFS drive D: (C: is a small FAT partition).

Documents and Settings folder has been relocated to NTFS drive E: (DATA).

Drives C:, D:, and E: all exist at the start of installation.

Any ideas?

Rick

MNcamper, adding a user works fine for me. Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Also, please attach your Last Session_u.ini, but MASK ALL your private data (put xxx in for passwords, CD key, etc). Enjoy, John.

MNcamper, in your _u.ini, the last field on the three added users is false for all three. On mine (which works) it is true. I am not sure, but I suspect this reflects the checking of the Active box on the Users tab in Unattended. Select each of the users and check the Active box. I also suspect all the users are on your installed system, only inactive. Go to the User Accounts page under Control Panel and see if they are there. If so, you can set them active there. Please let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.

A check of the Active check box in nLite shows that all are checked except the Guest account.

This suggests that either the fourth field or the eighth field controls this and not the ninth (last) field.

Your suspicion that all the accounts are installed is correct.

Not only installed but active (all except Guest).

I was assuming that each active account would have a folder in Documents and Settings.

As soon as I logged in with one of the new accounts, the corresponding folder was created in D&S.

The active accounts do not appear (with their cute little icons) at startup or after logging off.

Does anyone know what controls this display of user accounts?

Thank you for your help John.

Rick

MNcamper, I'm glad the users are at least there. I don't fully understand where you are talking about that the cute little icons don't show up. Are you talking about the Welcome or Login Screen? How did you login to the user account? Go to User Account (via Control Panel) and see what is set in 'Change the way users log in or off'. Are both options checked or just one? I still don't know what the 9th (last) field defines in the _u.ini file but another difference in mine vs yours is I define a description under Personal (Unattended>Users) and it shows up as field three. I also define only one account and it has Administrator status. Please let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.