Stable my butt

tom

Tom Im close on this promblem but what i need it the stop error code...

Heres a example...

--------------

"Stop 0x000000D1" Error Message in Tcpip.sys (Q260956)

--------------

Youll see this "Stop" error on the blue screen

-XPerties

Since my job is IT we have implemented Windows XP Pro on a handful of machines where I work. I have encountered Blue Screen problems, the blue screens happened during installation right at the part when it saves settings.

On the blue screen error it just gives a load of crap about disabling memory cache settings. The only connection that I found on the two machines was that they both had Gigabyte motherboards. But Windows 2000 works ok.

Mr Gates says that Win XP is stable, stable my a**.

I DO HAVE A GIGABYTE MOTHER BOARD. Its not to old, I just built this pc. Its a Ga-7DXR,, I was at there web site and they do have a XP update for it, but It didnt seem to help. My pc did crash on installation of windows. Now what.

[b:6893676c29]Tom[/b:6893676c29] - Ive spent well over a hour searching MS data base for your stop error and have not found it listed. The links supplied above from booger are for 2k and you stated you are using XP home.

Now Ive spoke with sedative who also has this promblem sometimes so lets do this.........

Since the only thing you two have in comman is the video card take your vid card out and put a cheepy in and run it for a little bit and let me know what happens

-XPerties

nose nugget...

thanks for the link, but i saw that site and tried what it said a while ago. i've always thought it was my vid card (geforce 3 Ti 200, same as tom's) yet no matter what driver i try, be it default xp, the one that came with the card, or any of the "leaked" nvidia drivers, nothing ever seems to solve the problem. i'm seriously considering downgrading to win2k, but i would hate to lose all of my visual styles hehe

sedative = eye candy junkie.

changing the minidriver? What about taking the card back? Shouldn't it have a warranty? Have you contacted Nvidia about the issue? what about your card's maker?

Sorry Xperties to be an a**, but you know, an oversight is just that.

Did you try the debugger? Have you tried a cheap card like Xperties pointed out?

YOu have problems: I have questions.

Big Booger

Some people don't read to well, or they just scan articles IE XPerties LOL

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q314451

I spent less than 20 seconds finding this article using google. hehehe

That article was listed in the previous article I posted.

Thanks,

Hope this helps you Tom, and sedative.

Big Booger:assshake [/quote:ec48d55cc2]

booger, I dont care to be corrected but can i ask you a question. The stop errors that tom pointed out in his last post....Well none are located on this page, so how does this artical help him out????am i missing something??

-XPerties