Stable my butt

tom

My hardware: XP Home full edition, 1.4 Athlon proccessor, 512mb DDR-2100 memmory. Video card is a G-force 3 Ti 200 and is now running the Xp default driver for now. Sound is a Sound blaster live Xgamer 5.1 also running on XP default drivers for now. Modem is a US Robotics 56K # 00569800 running on Xp prefered drivers. A Zip burner and a 56x cd. I have Roxoi Easy Creator 5 BUT it is NOT installed as per all of you said not to. NO problems in Device Manager. When my system crashed it pops up a blue screen that says Windows will be shut down to prevent damage to you computer and I have to reboot it. Sometimes It wont reboot and comes up with that blue screen again, then I reinstall XP.

ok lets do this first.......XP will reboot to avoid promblems so we want it to not reboot and by doing this it will tell you what the promblem is or at least point us in the right direction...

right click my computer/properties/advance/start up and recovery/uncheck "auto reboot".....Im almost a 100% thats how to get to it, Im at work right now on a 2k OS. So anyways do that and then next time XP crashes youll see a stop error...write it down and let us know what it says

-Xperties

yah and go to windowsUpdates and get all the updates, then go to the creative website and grab there more updated drivers, also grab these VID drivers in this thread and try those also.

http://xp.modrica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2509

Once you do all this if its still crashing like i said let us know the stop error.

-XPerties

I didnt say system restore...........follow again and slowly

1. right click My computer icon

2. Choose properties

3. Choose the advance Tab

4. Click on "start up and recovery" Tab

5. Uncheck the "auto reboot" box

-XPerties

next time your system crashes you will see a blue screen. In this blue scree you will see a stop error with a description of the crash and why. Now the only way to get out of the blue screen will be to reboot. Write down that info when you get it and post it here.

As far as the other errors your talking about, sure post away

-Xperties

yah and go to windowsUpdates and get all the updates, then go to the creative website and grab there more updated drivers, also grab these VID drivers in this thread and try those also.

http://xp.modrica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2509

Once you do all this if its still crashing like i said let us know the stop error.

-XPerties [/quote:1e57e03828]

wait before you keep posting these errors do all as I posted above first.

-XPerties

Here we go. I down loaded all the updates and drivers from MS that my system said it needed, I also downloaded the newest drivers for sound and video, modem and they are installed. BUT a 12 hour after being on line ,, CRASH,, windows went down with the blue screen message as follows: A problem has been detected and windows will be shut down to prevent damage to your computer. Technical information:

TCPIP.SYS- ADDRESS FICA8578 BASE AT F1CA6000 / DATASTAMP367DC580.

This error is typical of what happens all to offen, Do you guys understand this stuff,, what is going on. Thanks Tom.

tom

I would say that ur problem definatly lies somewhere with ur drivers...[b:29dc083d05]TCPIP.SYS lives in the system32/drivers directory[/b:29dc083d05] so there is some sort of conflict with xp and ur hardware.

this is what I would do:

1. I assume that you have flashed your bios so that it has the latest update from your mobo manufacturer

2. strip your computer down to the bare minimum, by this I mean only have the devices that you need to have in your computer running installed

(you wont need things like sound card, modem) anything that is non esscential

*by doing this it may help determine exactly where the conflict lies

3.Run your computer to see if you still recieve any errors

add your modem in but leave out things like your sound card as that is the last essential item

The problem may well lie in your video card, so it would help to have a spare card handy

I have a Nvidia based card and the best drivers I think for XP so far have been the Det 21.83/27.20 drivers

let us know what version drivers you are running for all your hardware, someone may be able to point out better or other drivers that may fix your problem.