How do you install IE7 and WMP11 in Nlite?

anthonyaudi

anthonyaudi, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. You must not be using the correct files. Enjoy, John.

Ok so far this is where I have gotten

I am able to install WinXP X64 and integrate all updates except

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - February 2009 (KB890830) <--when I use it as a hotfix in Nlite it tells me this cannot be used as a hotfix it needs to be installed manually

Windows Search 4.0 for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB 940157) <--when I use it as a hotfix in Nlite it tells me this cannot be used as a hotfix it needs to be installed manually

and finally

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Family Update (KB951847) x64 <--now this one I downloaded .NET Framework Addon ENU-x64_v1.4 from http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6419 when I put the 7z in the hotfix part of nlite it starts to unzip however it fails and tells me that it is looking for MSI files it cannot find.

The actual error is

Windows cannot find "netfx35sp1x64\netfx30a_x64.msi." make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search

upon further inspection i noticed that this file is in the netfx30sp2x64 folder.

The actual install.bat file reads

@ECHO OFF

FOR /F "TOKENS=3" %%I IN ('REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup /v SystemSetupInProgress') DO SET SSIP=%%I

IF "%SSIP%"=="0x1" (
REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW /f
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup /v SystemSetupInProgress /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
)

START /WAIT netfx20sp2x64\NetFx20a_x64.msi /qn ADDEPLOY=1

START /WAIT msxml6\msxml6.msi /qn
START /WAIT netfx30sp2x64\RGB9RAST_x64\RGB9RAST_x64.msi /quiet /nobackup
START /WAIT netfx30sp2x64\WIC\update\update.exe /quiet /nobackup
START /WAIT netfx30sp2x64\XPSEPSC\update\update.exe /quiet /nobackup

START /WAIT netfx30sp2x64\NetFx30a_x64.msi /qn ADDEPLOY=1
START /WAIT netfx35sp1x64\NetFx30a_x64.msi /qn ADDEPLOY=1

IF "%SSIP%"=="0x1" (
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup /v SystemSetupInProgress /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
)

EXIT

START /WAIT netfx35sp1x64\NetFx30a_x64.msi /qn ADDEPLOY=1 <---seems to be the problem i think?

The date however on the post is Last edited by HJW on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:28 am and the release date for this particular KB article is 1/27/2009

can someone guide me or point me in the right direction?

thanks!

Anthony

Edited by anthonyaudi

anthonyaudi, where is your Last Session.ini? Remember, I asked you to attach it?

You cannot place Windows Defender in as a Hot Fix. You need to look at this great guide by Kurt_Aust, if you are building ISOs from XP x64. I know nothing about Windows Search 4.0, but I suspect you can install it the same way as .NET and its updates as shown in the link I provided. I know nothing about RyanVM stuff and you should direct your questions to his forum. What happened to your IE7 and WMP11 problems? BTW, you cannot slipstream an SP into XP x64 on an XP (32 bit) machine without a trick as pointed out in the link (page 13) I provided. Enjoy, John.

Thanks John here is my last session.ini

Sorry i didnt post it before I was googling my stuff because I hate asking 10000 questions to problems I can get the answers to by googling

the ie7 and wmp11 was solved i think it was just a bad install when I got the error I redid it and it worked

now kb article 940157 i found a little 7z file that integrates with nlite so i reckon i will be down to 2 updates

and .net

here is my last session.ini

KB890830 (Malicious Software Removal Tool)

Use /Q to install silent (T13 ready).

^^^^^i read that from the guide im not really sure what to do with that or how to integrate it?

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by anthonyaudi