Unwanted Driver Apps loading & Multiple Driver support for TEXTMOD

Lagerstars

Hi All,

Im having a couple of issues and havent got the time at the moment to spend too long trying to work it out so i was hoping to get some assistance on here.

Ive build an unattended disc, all works well, however, i dont want to use the driver pack stuff thats listed on here so i've been getting the drivers for the specific models my disc will be used on as its a corporate environment, the models in use are very specific.

I've got a couple of desktop models on there and all is well, I then added drivers for a laptop model and all is also well, until i realised however, that using the disc on a desktop with all the drivers on ended up installing the touchpad "stuff" to the desktop model, so i ended up with a touchpad icon in the system tray down by the clock, this is obviously not required, the files are in the oempnpdrivers path, so i thought would only be used if required, but this has installed anyway.

Any ideas?

The other thing i wanted to ask about is the Textmode based stuff...

I've successfully added in the iastor.sys file for using the Intel AHCI controllers in the textmode part of things and this works fine, however this driver supports multiple hardware platforms. Initially i had specifically entered the model i had but it would be better to have each of the hardware devices this supports in the file.

How do i reference this 1 file to support multiple hardware ID's and the "friendly name" that gets associated with it, i tried something that i thought might work but it doesnt appear to, it just references the first entry associated with this system file.

All help much appreciated :)

• 1 month later...