.doc attribute change become hidden system

emilylsm

Hi, is anyone experienced shared documents in domain controller (Windows Server 2003 Standard) with .doc extension attribute changed become hidden system? All my shared .doc attribute changed to hidden system (HS). I have tried to do a full scan with Symantec, no virus was found. I tried to convert back to normal attribute but after a few hours it changed back to HS again. I have no idea how it happens! The are 4 DCs configured replicated each other and running DFS. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

Would you mind checking your users for viruses?

Since you're saying all those .doc files are on a shared area, it's more likely that a user has been infected by a virus, if not the server itself.

Let me remind, i'm not experienced over domain systems or servers. I can only reccomend to check. (:

Would you mind checking your users for viruses?

Since you're saying all those .doc files are on a shared area, it's more likely that a user has been infected by a virus, if not the server itself.

Let me remind, i'm not experienced over domain systems or servers. I can only reccomend to check. (:

Hi, is anyone experienced shared documents in domain controller (Windows Server 2003 Standard) with .doc extension attribute changed become hidden system? All my shared .doc attribute changed to hidden system (HS). I have tried to do a full scan with Symantec, no virus was found. I tried to convert back to normal attribute but after a few hours it changed back to HS again. I have no idea how it happens! The are 4 DCs configured replicated each other and running DFS. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

:whistle:

;)

jaclaz

Are you sure its not the location they are being shared from?

Maybe sharing them off a different partition to see if its an attribute being propagated down.

Any kind of file sharing off the primary domain controller is sketchy practices anyway. Why not use a client to act as a repository, if there is no dedicated file server?