Is it safe to remove all drivers?

hellbringer616

And replace them with the ones for everything on my computer. I know everything in my computer and have the drivers. Could i just integrate those and remove all others? Or would that cause issues?

If you know some would cause issues if i removed them could you please name them. Thanks

EDIT: Also the Asynchrous Transfer Mode. I've not idea what an ATM service is, Would it be safe to remove?

EDIT2: I tested it with Virtual Box with my motherboard (nForce) drivers, And i selected to use SATA as the hard drive but it told me no hard drive detected. Does that mean i messed up the driver installation in nLite? That i need the Intel ones? Or does it mean that since it's not my actual motherboard being emulated it's just messing up?

Edited by hellbringer616

hellbringer616, I would think removing all drivers would be a problem. You may not have all the drivers that MS uses to talk to the floppy, CD/DVD, keyboard, mouse and others that you are not aware of. Why do you want to remove them all? The space savings would be small, I think. I don't know about ATM, but assume you can remove it. In all cases, give it a try and let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.

A while ago I tried removing everything from Drivers and Hardware Support except CPU Intel and maybe AGP filters (don't remember). I had no problem with it as long as I used that build.

Trying to free up as much space as i can is all. Plus i am just tinkering out of boredom haha.

But, i have Motherboard (nForce) Sound card, Ethernet, Videocard, and Media reader drivers. As well as Intel drivers. (the gateway site said i need though, though i have the nForce drivers) I have a standard keyboard (though it has extra buttons on it) and a USB mouse. Is there anything i shouldn't touch in the drivers section?

Or can it all go cause i have these drivers?