Error on Windows Server 2003 related with audio

mordor

Hey guys,

I access a Windows Server 2003 (i think its web edition) through remote desktop, and im trying to convert a video. I installed K-lite Codec Pack Full, and im using "Mkv to Avi With Subtitles" to convert the .mkv video to avi, but when i start the conversion it gives me the error: "Cannot find audio renderer input pin!"

Also when i try to play a video it says it "could not render some of thepins in the graph, you may not have the needed codecs or filters installed on the system.

The following pin(s) failed to find a connectable filter:

Audio Switcher:Out"

But even with the error, the videos does play (without audio off course)

Maybe this is related to accessing it through remote desktop ?? Or does Windows Server 2003 needs any specific audio filters or codecs ??

PS. In System > Device Manager>Video, Sound and Games Controler, it says Legacy Audio is installed and working.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to solve this issue ?? Please, any idea is appreciated, Thank you

Do you have the "Windows Audio" service up and running? It's not started by default on Server 2003.

GL

Yes, on "Administrative Tools > Services > Windows Audio" the status is "Started", and its set to start in "Automatic" mode

Thanks for trying, if you have anything else in mind please let me know

Well, in that case, might be something with the remote desktop.

Or... I'm not familiar with K-lite Codec Pack Full - what program are you using to convert? Also, what does GSpot say about the file?

GL

The program name is "Mkv to Avi With Subtitles".

The file plays fine in my computer (windows XP with k-lite codec pack full installed). Gspot doesnt say much about it, i think its because its an .mkv file, at least the Gspot version i have only says "Mime Type: video/x-matroska"

But thanks, i'll see what i can do