Is it possible to change orange highlight color?

Lwood

Hello,

Is it possible without much programming knowledge (or Window Blinds et al.) to change the orange highlight color around buttons when you hover your mouse over them in XP Home Edition and if so how?

Thanks a lot for any input.

post-100162-1234367816_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Thank you, I shall check that section out, probably should have posted this there instead of here to begin with.

Right now I'm checking out the sticky UXTender thread. I used a different app to change mine after installing SP3 screwed things up, but wound up with the SP2 uxtheme.dll as a backup file so I copied the SP3 file uxtheme.dll from my daughter's pc changed it to the backed up file's name (has an extra file extension) and replaced it on my pc hoping if I ever unpatch that file would be correctly restored.

Hehe. :rolleyes:

[added]

I was hoping the fix for the orange highlight might just be an easy reg hack, if it's too involved, I'll just live with it even though it is hideous.

Edited by Lwood

I do not even use the XP Theme anyways, I use the Classic one instead, so all the buttons are just flat. Have you tried that option? Also there is a program called Windowblinds that has a demo or you can buy it. You can use different themes with it. The demo will work forever, as long as you can deal with the box that pops up every 24 hours.