Motherboard and Processor reccomendation anyone?

buck614

This thread was certainly worth it!

I checked out the MSI KT3 Ultra.

This is the best board I have seen so far!

There is no doubt about it I am going to get a motherboard with the VIA KT333 Chipset.

Thank you so much.

There are actually two versions of the MSI KT3 Ultra.

There is the:

KT3 Ultra-ARU (MS-6380E)

http://www.msi.com.tw/products/mainboard/m...?model=MS-6380E

KT3 Ultra (MS-6380E Ver1.0)

http://www.msi.com.tw/products/mainboard/m...MS-6380E+Ver1.0

YOU DO NOT WANT THE SECOND ONE! You want the KT3 Ultra-ARU. The second one that is listed is nothing like the first!

glad you spotted the two versions thing.. i didnt, thanks buck! phew..

i think ill be getting that board too, definately one with the new chipset anyhow, i still like the soyo dragon plus.. comes with lots of kit, but its the old chipset :)

I am pretty sure it will be one of these two boards.

ASUS A7V333

MSI KT3 Ultra-ARU

I just can't find them for sale ANYWHERE. The ASUS board isn't even listed on the ASUS website. I e-mailed them to find out about it's availability and suggested price but I haven't received a reply yet.

I guess i need some help with web sites that sell computer parts and in this case motherboards. I started a new posting to hopefully find some. Haven't found any sites that list these two boards though.

• 3 weeks later...

I am upgrading my machine at the moment, I decided on a Asus A7V333 with Raid, 6 Channel audio and 1394 port. for processor I went for a Athlon XP 2000+ , Corsair DDR2700 memory.

Fthrjack is right AMD is a more cost effective way to go, and in most cases out performs the Pentium 4 and leaves it for dead.

AMD gets my vote everytime!!

• 2 months later...

I have an Abit KA-7 100,an Abit KG7 Raid,and an Epox 8K7a+,that I tinker with.You can get these older boards cheap and have good performance.The KA-7 100 is an Athlon Classic board that is limited to a stock 1GHZ slot type cpu(I overclocked an 800 to 1GHZ w/goldfinger device)However the other 2 boards can be had for under $100.00 and with a bios flash from the manufacturer's website will allow you to slap a AMD xp 1900+ processor on them and both boards are overclocking friendly if you are into that stuff.Intel products are probably good also but I just can't afford the namesake Good Luck.....................Zipp

i would personally go with amd as i think they are better than p4's. also if you want to pay loadsa money wait for the amd 2.8 gig :) like i am. amd's are simple and they are a good range of high quality boards available. as mentioned check out tomshardware and overclockers etc.