security concern question

fireinthedawn

this is going to be brief but i've got a virus on my current version of windows in the other room and the cd burner in this room is broken down and only thru a major privacy breach do I have access to any other machinery. I've decided to nlite a new install and practice safer practices to evade viruses in the future given the dumbness i now realized with which most worms bind themselves to executables. But it's got some major concerns. See I don't trust my virus scanner to of cleaned all of it especially when it's reporting "probably a variant of" and my major concern is this: is there any way that virus could be grabbing hold of my executables to slipstream into the install cd i'm being FORCED to make on the bad version of windows?

small details:

Antiviral software: nod 32

Windows Version: Windows Xp 64 Bit.

Nlite: Latest. Got it on the page TODAY.

am in safemode rescanning. Doesn't matter, given the movement of the hackers in the virus culture is always 6 steps ahead of the scanners at this point I don't exactly trust it's results and I want a fresh format anyways. Needless to say I don't respect most hackers becasue they're too stupid to do a decent bind of a virus to an executable but I know some really good ones and they bloody scare me.

Edited by fireinthedawn

upon consulting with friends I think i've reached a solution. I wasn't quite aware about how to make a cd bootable and my moms pc which i was falling back on wasn't burning disk images right. With any luck this should be enough to fix the install medium