Best free security tool

Look them all up and decide which combination you wish to use based upon what you've learbned. Once you've decided let us know your OS type and version etc. and we may be able to advise you 'conflict wise'.

As I've already said only you can decide!

Look them all up and decide which combination you wish to use based upon what you've learbned. Once you've decided let us know your OS type and version etc. and we may be able to advise you 'conflict wise'.

As I've already said only you can decide!

I am using XP SP3 updated to latest Feb. hotfixes.

Please download my Anti-Malware Toolkit and get the Professional package. Then follow the directions in the PC Cleanup guide.

Oh man this is really awesome to have all of this in just one place.

Do I need to download all of them or just pick some of them?

I've decided to buy a paid copy of bit defender total security for 3 computers for 2 years.

I am using latest free AVG beside it.

Is this enough for me or I am still need something else or more?

As "security' goes, that can cover a few programs. For the free stuff, I had good luck with PCtools firewall, Avira AV, and Tenebril's very potent Spycatcher Express. Other programs mentioned work good too--I just had the best luck with this freeware combo. But in the real "pay for what you get" world, I only use NOD 32 AV, and Agnitum Outpost Pro for my firewall (I swear by them, not at them). I didn't see Spycatcher Express mentioned. In the 14 yrs I've been messing with this stuff, I feel comfortable saying it's one of the most powerful spyware tools in the freeware realm....but tomorrow is another day, and sooner than later, another developer will be coming up with something even better for us to try out.

As "security' goes, that can cover a few programs. For the free stuff, I had good luck with PCtools firewall, Avira AV, and Tenebril's very potent Spycatcher Express. Other programs mentioned work good too--I just had the best luck with this freeware combo. But in the real "pay for what you get" world, I only use NOD 32 AV, and Agnitum Outpost Pro for my firewall (I swear by them, not at them). I didn't see Spycatcher Express mentioned. In the 14 yrs I've been messing with this stuff, I feel comfortable saying it's one of the most powerful spyware tools in the freeware realm....but tomorrow is another day, and sooner than later, another developer will be coming up with something even better for us to try out.

You mean that you are using NOD 32 and OutPost firewall?

• 4 weeks later...

For friends and customers who either don't want to pay for security software or can't, I usually give them Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware and Avast Home Edition. I've had very good luck with both apps and neither one really slows down your system. For those who want something a little more thorough, I recommend Kaspersky Internet Security. You do have to purchase their software, though. Other than that most of the security measures I implement are OS tweaks and teaching the EU how to be careful and smart when browsing the web.