Make Nlite cd for sysprepping afterwards

Kingskawn

I made some nLite cd's based on XP and I must say that it cuts down the time in making one on my own with scripts.

Now I would like to know if it's a good start to use this in a business environment to deploy this image to other machines. To be clear I have to make a "GOLDEN" image, an image that will be the base of all machines. This will be an nLite install let's say with things enabled and disabled. After that I make a sysprep of it from the deploy.cab file.

Will that image be usable and will every service start like a normal untouched WinXP because I have the impression that sometimes some services have problems to start or maybe it's somewhere else. Or maybe there is a lastsession.ini file specially used for business environments?

Kingskawn, I hate to be the one to break it to you but the nLite EULA does not permit commercial use. There is no provision for business environments. If you will read the EULA, you will see nLite is for personal use only. It is so small, I'll post it here:

LICENSE AGREEMENT:

Your use of nLite is governed by the following conditions. Please read this information carefully before using nLite. By using it you are agreeing to the following conditions:

1. nLite is freeware and can be freely used for any personal non-commercial purposes, subject to the following restrictions.

2. nLite can only be distributed electronically through the official host www.nliteos.com.

3. nLite is supplied "as-is". The author assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the use of nLite.

4. Import Restrictions. International users also check any import restrictions that your government may impose. Reread eula.txt in your Windows\System32 folder.

5. nLite is free for personal use only, you cannot use it for any company or business purposes at this time.

6. MCDBNET2.dll is registered on me (the nLite author) with the royalty-free license and can be distributed only bundled with nLite.

7. nLite is a copyrighted material of Dino Nuhagic aka nuhi. You may not decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer this product. You may not include the parts of nLite in your software without the author's permission. You may not alter or modify nLite in any way or create a new installer for it.

Copyright © 2004-2008, Dino Nuhagic (nuhi)

Enjoy, John.

Yes ok Kelsenellenelvian, I agree that we must read before we install how many eula's did you read before installing the application? Maybe 20% of the time like most of us

Yep, :) and in the other 80% of the times someone will tell you. :whistle:

Now, you know. B)

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz