USB Flash drives in Win95OSR2.5

Comos

Hello

I have workin Win95OSR2.5 including patches to handle USB devices.When I connect a USB flash drive,I can access it without problems,but when I disconnect it and plug it again,the system won't access it and I can't eighter see it in the system.I have looked at the device manager,when I plug the flash drive for the first time,in device manager under USB Controller root I can see two devices like USB Mass Storage Device and USB Mass Storage Interface.When I disconnect the flash drive and reconnect,I can see in device manager in the USB Controller root only USB Mass Storage Device.The USB Mass Storage Interface doesn seem to reload.

Does anybody know what is this caused by,why the flash drive is not able to access when reconnected?

HW used is AMD-K6-III with Asus TX97-X

Thanks for advice

• 4 weeks later...

Comos.

This is due to USB in Win 95 still being developmental when it was released. There is no stop and eject for attached devices mainly because (I believe) it was seen mainly as away of connecting scanners and printers. So when a device is removed then re connected it crashes th USB plug and play recognition which still hasn't unloaded the first instance of the device.

There are ways to work around this such as shutting down before removing the drive.

I have found that the USB flash driver from http://toastytech.com/files/cruzerwin95.html works well and I can reconnect my drives with no problems. The inf file can be edited if your drives are not recognised.

HTH

Edited by niknak

Hello,

thanks for info.I'll try this one.Currently Im using the Mass Storage driver from MDGXs site,so I have to uninstall them.By now if I want to use the USB flash drive again I have to reboot...that is enough..:-)