Unofficial Windows 95 OSR2.x Service Pack 1.0x Final Release

erpdude8

Dates and version match. Here's the files:

FIX95CPU

USBSTR95

OSR2SP1 v1.0.5 (link should be available later if upload completes successfully)

Mirroring MDGx's site would be quite an endeavour, assuming there's still anything left there. I can't take on this task, as I have neither free space left, nor unlimited download quota or large bandwidth (GPRS modem 7.2Mbps connection, 5GB monthly download quota). :(

I really hope it's just a temporary quirk due to reorganization of files/pages, but in any case, we should have at least another backup, just for safety. Not to mention a lot of the resources are links to now dead MS pages/files since they may have not been redistributable or too large in size.

Thanks for hosting those files. :thumbup I will add the link to the FIX95CPU thread until we know what is going on.

I have thought about trying to make a backup of the website, but I have no experience with such things at all. :no:

We do need to hake some proactive steps though, just in case... and even many of those old, broken MS links are valuable now because some of them still work in the Wayback Machine and others may give the specific names of package files that could be lost otherwise...

Thanks, I do what I can. :blushing:

AFAIK, MDGx's site has some kind of safety mechanism that may block crawlers such as WinHTTrack. Haven't tried though, it may just work, but it'd take a lot of time and HDD space.

I don't trust WebArchive, too many times it's been throwing weird errors such as "the machine serving this file is momentarily down, please try later" or things like that, only for Win9x-related pages or files. That's too much of a coincidence, IMHO. :( And many other pages may just be automatically redirected to their current versions - that happened to me too, no matter what I tried.

Link to 1.0.5 package has been added above, please someone check it. Thank you.

• 1 year later...

effective 12/31/2014, this service pack has been retired as in end-of-life / end-of-support.

From this point on I will focus my efforts in continuing the unofficial win98 1st edition SP with a 3.0 release coming sometime in 2015 or later.

I don't trust WebArchive, too many times it's been throwing weird errors such as "the machine serving this file is momentarily down, please try later" or things like that, only for Win9x-related pages or files. That's too much of a coincidence, IMHO.

Even so, they've still got many pearls, you know... :angel

effective 12/31/2014, this service pack has been retired as in end-of-life / end-of-support.

From this point on I will focus my efforts in continuing the unofficial win98 1st edition SP with a 3.0 release coming sometime in 2015 or later.

Well, it was to be expected. Does that mean there's nothing more to add/change/update to the package or is it that you just lost interest in this particular project? Just asking in case someone else would want to take over, if needed.

Thank you for all your work on it! :)

I don't trust WebArchive, too many times it's been throwing weird errors such as "the machine serving this file is momentarily down, please try later" or things like that, only for Win9x-related pages or files. That's too much of a coincidence, IMHO.

Even so, they've still got many pearls, you know... :angel

Undoubtedly they do. For how long and how much is still there, that I wouldn't know. ;)

I see mostly German files on that page. They could be of use for a German service pack. I wonder if the English ones are already integrated in AutoPatcher or uSP3 and which ones would have been superseded by Win2000/XP/etc versions ported to 9x...

• 5 years later...

Excuse the necro, but both links in the OP are currently dead, so I will provide valid (as of 15th November 2020) archive.org backups below

For the full version: https://web.archive.org/web/20180106031049/http://www.mdgx.com/spx/OSR2SP1.EXE

For the lite version: https://web.archive.org/web/20190817122722/http://www.mdgx.com/spx/OSR2SP1L.EXE

Hope this helps

• 2 years later...