Where did invert selection go?

COOLCOMPUTERGUY

from what ive seen from searching it gone in 7

you might try Select All from:

http://www.crashcoursesoftware.com/index.html

Select All, version8.02.1601.

A utility to add Select All to the Explorer context menu. Also adds an Invert Selection option to the context menu.

its says 200/XP but it worked in Vista for me just now so it might just work in 7 too.

Hey Geek, I went to crash course and it adds those context like you said but when I tried invert selection it opens the edit menu so probably it's incompatable with 7 since seven has no invert select so I uninstalled select all and registered SELALL.dl_ from your program to get just the select all function and it comes in very handy.

• 1 month later...
And, a case of the "Use Feedback" button working, for those of you who think these are ignored.

Invert selection is back in for Win7 as of the RC.

I also missed this feature. I found it useful in a directory of many files to assist selecting those I wanted.

I am glad to see the function back, and glad to hear my clicks on that link arent being ignored.

Excellent idea the send feedback button, easy to use too.

shark

Edited by Shark007

Lots of speculation as to which is the RC build. Thus far, 7057 is not the RC as the invert function is not there.

Another feature that was removed is "Restore Previous Folders at Logon". I really like this feature.

MS just deliberately removes things that people get used to.

Another feature that was removed is "Restore Previous Folders at Logon". I really like this feature.

I thought I was the only person who cared about that feature, considering how little airtime its removal seems to be getting ...

Edited by Keris

• 11 months later...

I thought I was the only person who cared about that feature, considering how little airtime its removal seems to be getting ...

Well, what a surprise! Although the option is gone from Folder Settings, the good-old registry tweak from XP still works in Windows 7.

Just merge this to your registry and you get back "Restore Previous Folders at Logon".

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

;Restore Explorer Windows at Logon
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"PersistBrowsers"=dword:00000001