Office 2007 Ultimate, Windows 7 and the 1935 error

Mr.Clark

A few people seem to be having this problem, but my version is slightly different because I'm using an Office installer that I got from The Ultimate Steal rather than having a disk. Therefore rather than the normal range of files with a setup.exe, I've just got a single .exe file called X12-30307.exe

If I try and install it normally or in Vista compatibility mode, I get the Error 1935 which seems to relate to the .Net framework - preinstalled and untouchable in Windows 7 as far as I can see.

If I try it in XP compatibility mode I get a permissions error that I can't fix.

Has anyone successfully gotten past the 1935 error? I'm trying re-downloading it, but I can't see that both copies of the exe I have are corrupt...

Cheers guys :)

Perhaps you can try reinstalling .NET 3.5 from Microsoft's website?

I've seen this error happen to another user and we have yet to resolve his issue. On several other computers I've had no problem installing it so the error is probably related to a specific version of the Office installer.

Edit:

BTW you might want to check out this microsoft knowledge base article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804

Edited by Nihility

I've tried that, but the installer just silently dies.

I've tried unzipping it and trying different parts of the installer with different compatibility modes, but it keeps barfing when it asks for certain MSI files (and won't believe me when I show it where they are :rolleyes: )

It's a shame actually, as I'm quite liking Windows 7.

On the plus side, I don't use Office that much, but I'd like to get it working if poss as I did pay £40 for it...

EDIT: Yeah, I've seen that link. The trouble is, my Control Panel makes no mention of .Net at all. It's not an installed program, nor is it a Windows Component. :/

Edited by Mr.Clark

You can find it in Programs and Features under "Turn Windows features on and off"

.NET framework.

Unfortunately I've had no luck getting it to work even after playing around with it and also no luck uninstalling and reinstalling the stable version from MS.

What we need is a way to unlock this feature so we can change (sort of like how IE8 is locked down under windows 7).

You can find it in Programs and Features under "Turn Windows features on and off"

.NET framework.

No I can't ;)

windowsfeaturesvz2.png

Unfortunately I've had no luck getting it to work even after playing around with it and also no luck uninstalling and reinstalling the stable version from MS.

What we need is a way to unlock this feature so we can change (sort of like how IE8 is locked down under windows 7).

True - there seems to be quite a lot of lockdown despite the fact my account is an Administrator.

Still, I'm willing to give it a bit of leeway considering it's a Beta - if the release version did this I'd get a refund, but I'll just report things and hope they get fixed (I sent in a bug report last night for this).

have you removed .net with vLite?

No, just a vanilla install.

I reinstalled the whole shebang and .net and Office are now working.

As a trade-off, my 5.1 Creative sound isn't working, I only get the front-right speaker producing sound :/

It took a complete reinstall to fix the office 2007 issue? That's unfortunate.

About your sound issues, try running windows update to get a newer driver.

If that doesn't work, uninstall the driver for the device and download a vista version from the manufacturer.

It took a complete reinstall to fix the office 2007 issue? That's unfortunate.
It was a bigger issue than just Office - once I reinstalled, I got the full Windows Components list that you posted.
About your sound issues, try running windows update to get a newer driver.

If that doesn't work, uninstall the driver for the device and download a vista version from the manufacturer.

I'm using the same Creative driver I used the first time, which worked (when .Net didn't).

Beta issues, hey :P

• 4 weeks later...

I have had the same issue that is described here. I have Windows 7 Beta (Build 7022) installed on my laptop and I can't install Office 2007 Ultimate to save my life. I get error 1935, and it craps out with a stop code of 0x8007054f. I have tried the fix mentioned on the KB article 926804, and I've got the same problem as others report. That .NET does not show as an option in the PRograms and features for my installation.

post-234676-1236130906_thumb.png

I've tried installing it so many times on my laptop because I know I can install this on my desktop--which is running Windows 7 (build 7000). I'm starting to think that is the problem, and I think there are more visible issues with 7022 than there are with 7000.

So far, it seems that 7022 has choked on installations for:

Office 2007

Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.6 and 4.7

ACDSee

and, build 7022 doesn't show all that it should in the Programs and Features Applet.

As of yet, I don't have a solution, but I'm seriously considering wiping build 7022 off my laptop and reinstalling with build 7000. crap. Does anyone know what 7022 offers beyond 7000?

I'm now looking for build 7032

Hope this is helpful, and anyone with advice can please share.

There's not a lot of difference between 7022 and 7000 (some task pane visual differences, some icon changes, some WMP changes to playlists in the jump lists, and the ability to remove more windows components from windows features list, for example), although 7032 brings IE8 RC1 and 7048 and higher enter into the escrow builds for Win7 RC1 (and the changes that you'd notice are documented on the Engineering Win7 blog). Honestly, I'd suggest using build 7000 if this is going to be a machine you do any work on, as it was tested and tweaked far better than 7022 (or any other build since 7000, really), as these builds are really for testing changes between builds, fixing bugs, etc, rather than being an actual "beta test drive" of a functional OS.

Just as I suspected, the 7000 build installs Office perfectly. It also runs the Blackberry Desktop manager. I can't say that all the high end games work flawlessly, but it looks like the 7000 build is stable and quite robust.