Ok then so what am I doing wrong this time

Zenskas

So here is what is happening with me an nlite:

I am creating a custom CD using the latest nlite version for the PC in my sig. I start with a clean windows XP pro SP2 disc. I copy it to the PC I am creating the install on. I slipstream SP3. I add in IE 7. Then I start to remove a heap of junk. First all of the languages and keyboards I don't need. Then the applications. Then a heap of hardware drivers I will never need. And of course a bunch of other junk. I get the install down to 280MB. I do not go into the other sections of nlite such as tweaks and options etc.

Then I will burn the disc via directburn at 16x speed. Then I will put the disc in the comp in my sig. It will boot from the CD and load some drivers. Then I will format my HDD. Then it starts to copy the files. Now I made another CD before however I had a bunch of unattended/options/tweaks in the CD. It did not get past 3 percent of copying files. I didn't use that disc and made another one just cutting the junk out as shown above.

So the new disc without all of the other options gets past copying files then starts installing windows. It reboots once and asks for some info and configures the drivers and network etc. Then it reboots again and the win xp logo and blue bar come up for a second then go away and I see a glimpse of a blue screen with writing and numbers all over it. It restarts really fast and keeps on doing this in a loop.

Now I am angry cause I made a CD for a friend with heaps of tweaks and stuff cut out down to about 330MB and his PC is very similar to mine (same ram,mobo is almost the same, cpu is almost the same) and his CD works like a charm.

So, what am I doing wrong? What am I removing that is so important. I got rid of the manual install and upgrade thing since I am booting from CD. I am unsure what I am removing that is causing the error. I have attached my last sessions things from nlite. I removed components in two steps. Not all in the one session. Any help would be great.

Last_Session_1.ini

Last_Session.ini

Edited by RiderZen

1. try on a virtual machine to see if it is doing it on there, use the ISO, if it works try the disk and if it doesnt work then it is probably the disk

burn at SLOWEST speeds, that gives a better accuracy and use a more reliable disk brands than the cheap kind

Edited by Richard Arkless

RiderZen, Richard Arkless gave you some great advice. Also, you should start with a fresh copy of your CD and do all your work in one nLite session, applying only one SP. There are a number of free virtual systems, such as VirtualPC, VirtualBox and VMware Server. A VM will save you many coasters. Enjoy, John.