Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
footballking3420

vLite Vista vs. tweaked Vista

Is there any real difference, other than disk space, between a vLited Vista install and a tweaked Vista install (disabled services and all that stuff)?

I find no difference between nLited XP and tweaked XP (mostly just disabling services). It would be something to try, but, Vista has so much crap running by default it's a ton more work to tweak Vista than XP, vLite saves a lot of time for me..

Tweaked Vista is much Better as there is no complications in installing service pack,updates or other applications but in vlited vista u might face problem like that component missing etc. Also tweaked vista is more stable than vlited vista.

you can always tweak vlited vista (i assumed everybody do it :P )

if you worry about compatibility issues just stay away from System and Services components :)

With vLite you can save space on your HD.

Never had problems with my vlited vista, I hope that nuhi will release a new version when service pack 2 will come!