network & sharing center always is removed, can't get internet

runLoganrun

one thing i'm confused on is when you initially start modding components, after slipstream, there's a pop up window that asks what i will be using in vista and a following list to check, or not. does it omit items to remove with vlite? I couldn't find anything to leave blank as each section seemed to have one component or program that i wanted, but at first i had left out printer and file sharing, and thought that maybe that was my problem, but the window didn't pop up after that, so i didn't know if it was locked in to those settings or something?

i just did a reinstall w/ latest vLite configured disc, still no network and sharing center, WLAN btw is also missing with all of these versions i've created. this time when the window came up to select what you use in vista i selected all of them, thinking it would bring everything in to view in vLite, now actually more things are missing though, which I assume in this case just means that they're not visible, not that they're not there. other components, etc. that don't show up, depending, are intel indeo, internet information services, windows image acquisition, not sure what else. I didn't check all of them, but WLAN is present before I slipstream

Can someone plz tell me what I'm doing wrong, or right? And, why I can't get internet operating? I just used a couple different guides as a reference, and mostly removed recommended items, i didn't go crazy or anything, so don't know what problem is. The first vlite disc i made was a breeze, everything worked, but since then hasn't been working for me, pretty much doing the same thing, except with the varying pop up prompt to check what you use in vista.

note: I don't think this matters, but it is different than the first disc I made- I'm doing it in stages, then copying over the resulting files into a new folder, ie: I have one stage that's just sp1 slipstreamed (I didn't want to keep redoing that), then one stage with components removed, tweaks, and unattended install, then i have a folder for my AMD pc, and a folder for my Intel pc, into which I copy the "applied" previous modded version so I can integrate appropriately. right now i'm just doing AMD as that is my test rig.

thanks for any help,

rlr

Edited by runLoganrun