nlite+sp2 still requires phone activation

spellweaver

I wonder if someone can help me, I've installed nlite (latest version) and it works really wonderful, it install xp + sp2 and all my drivers, but it still asks me to activate by phone.

My windows xp is original I bought it in 2000, and registered it with microsoft, so it's not a fake one.

I've tried it with OEM enabled, and OEM disabled. Please, can anybody help me? is there a way where it won't need to be activated by phone.

Thank you

I don't get your problem, it it asking "by phone" as opposed to "through Internet" ? If that's the case, do you have an Internet connection (LAN) ? Or were you expecting it to not need activation ?

Is it different behavior than with the original -non fake- CD you bought in 2000? Oh by the way, Windows XP came out in 2001. :D

OEM disable or enabled matters not.

You have a RETAIL copy of windows which needs to be activated every install. Normally this is not an issue as they (MS) keep records of your systems UID and will auto-activate when you press the little activate button. Every 4-6 months they flush those servers so either you are switching hardware or PC's too much. Remember a XP license is for ONE computer!

Also with every service pack they blacklist HUNDREDS of keys that have been released on the internet or otherwise pirated.

P.S. SP3 is out! (Probably the last SP for XP too :( )...

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian