XP with no SP + SP3 + current prod key = reject

idgaf

I am new to nlite ,using latest version.

To aid my learning of nlite ,as docs nliteos site are out of date , I tried to integrate Service Pack 3 with XP Pro.

The XP source has no service pack.

The product key ID that I used is the taken from my current PC.

I created and tested the nlited source on a "mule" computer that I use for testing.

The install stops at the product ID phase ,it rejects the key ?

I did a second install using unmodified XP source and the same key and it worked but when I tried to update to SP3 using an MS CD-ROM ,

the update was rejected saying that at least SP1 had have been applied prior to SP3.

I can find no reference or document to rectify this issue at the nlite site or in the forums.

Any help would be greatly appreciatted.

idgaf, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. This is my canned response and I think some have become tired of it. Also, please let us know if you are using a recovery CD. Are you sure the key goes with the CD? Enjoy, John.

Are you sure it is a still legal CD-Key?

Remember they blacklist hundreds of pirated keys with each service pack. So SP3 has many hundreds of keys that will not work with it now.

Easy test: install with no SP and try to activate. If it doesn't activate then you key has been blacklisted and will not be accepted during install anymore...

I am new to nlite ,using latest version.

To aid my learning of nlite ,as docs nliteos site are out of date , I tried to integrate Service Pack 3 with XP Pro.

The XP source has no service pack.

The product key ID that I used is the taken from my current PC.

I created and tested the nlited source on a "mule" computer that I use for testing.

The install stops at the product ID phase ,it rejects the key ?

I did a second install using unmodified XP source and the same key and it worked but when I tried to update to SP3 using an MS CD-ROM ,

the update was rejected saying that at least SP1 had have been applied prior to SP3.

I can find no reference or document to rectify this issue at the nlite site or in the forums.

Any help would be greatly appreciatted.

I have had this problem before and I always integrate sp1 then sp2 and lastly sp3 with nlite .

The thing about the product key is that sp3 corrupts the PIDGEN.DLL in system 32 so I suggest you overwrite it with the original PIDGEN.DLL and your serial number will work.