MAL1K

Hello all

I have only one user account on my machine, Guest account is disable.

When ever I start my PC, log on password field ( Box ) always show in expended mood ( Default ) As shown in screen shot

2u7sgac.jpg

Few days before when i start my PC I noticed that on login screen, password field ( box ) is on collapsed mood, and now I have to press "Tab" twice or click with mouse button on my user name, for type my password and log on my account.

iwn5dv.jpg

its happend with me few times before and i don't find any solution for it, the only solution I know is reinstall my System (XP Windows)

Is there any way that I can revert this change ? I just want my 1st log in option ( default ) back. I know its not a big problem, I just wana resolve this problem as an educational / experimental purpose.

Kindly help me

Regards

Edited by MAL1K

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't think that this is really a "problem".

Every one of the XP machines I've had makes you click on the name before you type in the password.

You haven't had any replies cause there is no solution.

And begging for help isn't going to get people to help you faster

Edited by broknindarkagain

MAL1K,

I don't use a password on my PC so I don't have such screens when I turn it on, or restart, or log on/off. If the problem had happened after you entered the IP, then doing something related to that part. Have you tried choosing "Obtain an IP address automatically" in (TCP/IP) Properties? I just guess, not very sure.

It'll be nice if some expert reads your post and gives some advice. Maybe your problem is quite strange. People can't help if they haven't had the same problem before and solved it before. I mean they don't experience it, they don't know how to help you! Sorry, not sure how to express my thoughts better!

• 8 months later...

If there is only one user, is there a specific reason why you want this screen to appear at boot? You could always just turn the auto-logon option on. Then you can say, set your screen saver to prompt for credentials on resume. And always lock your session when not using the computer.

If there is only one user, is there a specific reason why you want this screen to appear at boot? You could always just turn the auto-logon option on. Then you can say, set your screen saver to prompt for credentials on resume. And always lock your session when not using the computer.

Well its my personal computer, but I have 8 other members in my family, so due to privacy reason I have to lock / password protected my system.

Edited by MAL1K