windows 7 reboots

yken

Right click COMPUTER -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery -> Settings -> System Failure -> uncheck Automatically Restart. It will give you a BSOD with some code in there. Type here what it says.

In my ravines such report:

1. Critical: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

2. Error: Session "" has failed to start with the following error(s) 0xC000000D

I can not see BSOD, because in a notebook a monitor becomes disconnected during this BSOD. The restart of the system is possible only.

Not evidently BSOD only on the system of Windows 7. Windows Vista and XP was visible this BSOD.

Edited by toxi

On Fri 30.01.2009 17:26:52 your computer crashed

This was likely caused by the following module: usbport.sys

Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xDD0D30, 0x2, 0x0, 0x82898B04)

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbport.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Likely the culprit is another driver on your system which cannot be identified.

I use vista for 2 years i never saw this error. This started with win7.

Well, I had a similar problem, but it also caused my machine not to be able to go to sleep. I had a Microsoft mouse, and I didn't have the latest IntelliPoint software installed. Until I did that, I would get random usbport crashes and hangs, and when it would actually work, the machine would not go to sleep. Ever since updating with IntelliPoint, the problem has gone away.

So, if you have a keyboard or mouse (or any other USB device attached to the PC) that comes with driver software, you should consider installing the latest version of said software/drivers to see if it fixes it.

i dont have those hardware. only flasget is running all the day and when i go home, i see its rebooted nearly once every hour, and i cant dl anything. The problem is about a usbsys file so i dont think its about flashget but i will try other downloader to see. How can i fix this problem? İ installed only a few software. Acdsee, nokia, ultraiso,acronis..a few more. They are not running while this reboot happens. Somone says virtual cd software cause this. So can ultraiso be the reason? But its not running, i did not mount any drive.

• 1 month later...
i dont have those hardware. only flasget is running all the day and when i go home, i see its rebooted nearly once every hour, and i cant dl anything. The problem is about a usbsys file so i dont think its about flashget but i will try other downloader to see. How can i fix this problem? İ installed only a few software. Acdsee, nokia, ultraiso,acronis..a few more. They are not running while this reboot happens. Somone says virtual cd software cause this. So can ultraiso be the reason? But its not running, i did not mount any drive.

Ultraiso or nolia would be my first to guesses. The do install device drivers and The nokia software uses sub to connect to yuour phone right?

In my experience random reboots are often a hardware issue.

My 1st guess is overclocking, poor BIOS settings, RAM settings to high (try default settings until you solve the issue)

2nd guess, improper cpu cooling/heatsink plugged

and rarely, PCI card positioning, relocating the cards sometimes fixes it.

shark

Edited by Shark007