Strange USB speed problem

Lecco

Hello there !

I have some speed issues with my USB devices :

PMP Archos 504 - no problems - transfer speed ca 6'000 kB/s

ext. 3.5" USB HDD - no problems - transfer speed ca 30'000 kB/s

GPS Garmin nüvi 250W - speed issue - transfer speed ca 30 kB/s

BT Belkin F8T012 - speed issue - transfer speed ca 5 kB/s

And now, where is the catch? :blink: I have nUSB v 3.3 installed, the non-extra version. I think it might be in the versions of the drivers but I dont know, which one is the proper one. I will make screenshots, if you want me to.

I wouldnt mind, if the speed was at least USB 1.1, but those speeds make the BT and GPS unusable and transferring anything through those devices gives me enough time to make a cup of coffee and drink it. :realmad:

Any ideas are welcome! :hello:

Are these read or write speeds?

read speeds

How do you measure the speed?

via Total Commander and BT software

Is your USB 2.0 controller on the motherboard (which one) or

on the PCI card?

mainboard with P31 chipset, should be supported through nUSB

I also had a speed problem, and fixed it by installing an USB-PCI card, it was very cheap and I found it very easily last year.

The transfer speed increased about 400%, and I didn't need to load any driver. I had installed in my computer an universal USB driver that I found in this forum.

HTH

Edited by cannie

:hello: Try installing a Usb/Modem driver for Win98SE (even if you don't need or use it:);as this increased my Usb transfer connectivity and My "Old" Motherboard always thought i was connected to internet by Default and it transfered files as so. :thumbup Everything Usb has Best drivers for Belkin related Devices too :whistle:

I also had a speed problem, and fixed it by installing an USB-PCI card, it was very cheap and I found it very easily last year.

The transfer speed increased about 400%, and I didn't need to load any driver. I had installed in my computer an universal USB driver that I found in this forum.

HTH

That is like buying a new car when the old one is broken and I know it worked at one point ...

:hello: Try installing a Usb/Modem driver for Win98SE (even if you don't need or use it:);as this increased my Usb transfer connectivity and My "Old" Motherboard always thought i was connected to internet by Default and it transfered files as so. :thumbup Everything Usb has Best drivers for Belkin related Devices too :whistle:

Eh ? :blink: Install drivers for which device ? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...