New Windows Update KB951847

REG ADD %REGKEY%\001 /VE /D "installing dot net family update" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\001 /v 1 /D "%path%\kb951847.exe /quiet /norestart" /f

.net 3.5 full install supports /q /norestart as well, dont know about the kb.

do i put exactly what he wrote?

would i create a .cmd file called runonce.cmd and add

REG ADD %REGKEY%\001 /VE /D "installing dot net family update" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\001 /v 1 /D "%path%\kb951847.exe /quiet /norestart" /f

and where do i put the actual exe files

where do they go do they go in the run once folder also?

Sorry about the second link. It is to the Windows Update Catalog service web site. You have to install an ActiveX addon to get to the site. Once there, search for 'KB951847' and then download the appropriate version to suite your needs.

It is a 247MB download for XP x32. When you run it, it will stop to ask for 'approval' for the install. You can go to the root of your OS (typically c:\) and copy the folder typically labeled with a bunch, typically 15 to 20, of randon numbers and letters (Its in HEX). That is the extracted installer for the patch. I copied it to the desktop and removed any files and directories that were not related to x32. Trims it down to 86.2 MB. Leave the existing files and directories where they are. This has been tested on 4 separate computers and works. I haven't tried to add to a XP installation image.

I have tried this at least three times with no success... first off when following the link to download the update from WUCS it actually downloads 5 files... when I run the 3 KB files they say that they don't apply, the other does nothing and the larger X86_IA64_AMD64-all-dotnetfx35.exe runs but after a reboot WU still shows the 'KB951847' update required. Not sure what to try now...

direct download from download center has 3 hotfixes in addition to dotnet3.5sp1. wucatalog gives the latest all integrated version. thats why the size difference.

When I download from the wucatalog I get 5 files not 1 single integrated hotfix... what am I doing wrong???

• 1 month later...