Updates/Hotfixes, getting the right updates

runLoganrun

I'm now working on updates and driver integration for an image i just slipstreamed with sp1, i also removed a bunch of components, did any tweaks i could, and made an unattended install image.

I am switching back to x64 vista after a short stint with x86. I'm building this btw on my secondary machine which i put a quick copy of x64 on, for this purpose. being only the 2nd vlite disc i've made i wanted to be able to test it a little before i put it on main machine. the test pc is an amd platform whereas my other pc is intel. Now, for some reason I thought that the updates would be the same for both computer's, excluding any driver updates, so i was going to see what that install picked up for updates, grab them from windows catalog, and then use them to integrate into new image for DFI board.

I noticed right away that all the updates I had downloaded for the new AMD image had AMD written all over them, so my question is, are the update file names, eg: KB12345, the same?? and, can i just look them up that way and select the x64 file, or do i have to do the sp1 install on my machine first, then find out from what i get from windows update, or is there an entirely better way to do this?

It seems kind of a waste of time to do it the latter way, i have to get everything from microsoft, and then i can make an image that's current, but then I don't really use it, because i already have all the updates. it is of course handy to have the backup disc, but idk, it seems like i'm missing something here, is there a way to know what updates to integrate ahead of time?

thanks,

rlr