error loading vista image in vlite 1.2 on vista x64

runLoganrun

error message:

Mounting image error

Make sure your temporary folder in options is not a networked drive

Try restarting the computer and see if that helps

-Code:-2147024894

I have wimgapi.dll placed in vlite install folder, and I have the temp folder on a local storage drive. one guide I read said to put the two other files that come with wimgapi.dll and <right click> install .inf file, others say just put the .dll file in there. I've tried it both ways. I've made a vlite disc recently on my x86 vista machine and it went flawlessly doing it the way I'm doing it now. this time though I am using x64 because I want to build an x64 install disc. To do this I installed vista x64 on my secondary computer, I installed sp1 and all updates needed (mostly so I could see what updates I needed to download to integrate with the disc I'm currently working on), vlite and magic iso, nothing else. I don't think there's anything else besides that .dll file that i need to have on the computer for it to work, right?

Does anyone know what this error is and how to solve it?

thanks,

rlr

run vLIte -unwim to uninstall the WIM driver, restart Windows and start vLite again and let vLite install the driver again.

I don't see a vlite-unwim, in either start menu folder, or system folder. there is unins000.exe though, which I imagine uninstalls everything, I've tried this a couple of different ways, but not through this uninstall file, guess I'll try it.

thanks,

rlr

edit: tried uninstall with unins000.exe, reinstalled with same results, get same error message. this is unexpected and a major pita at the moment, i installed vista x64, for the express purpose of vliting x64, so I can install that. if anyone knows this issue, please help,

rlr

Edited by runLoganrun