Missing Section in INF file

dlyon

Hi there,

I've been through around 6 or 7 separate vLite'd ISOs, and have given up trying to solve these problems. I hope someone here can shed some light on this for me.

1) In each installation, I have an unknown device that occurs when I plug my USB pen drive in. If I try and install drivers, it identifies the device as "Microsoft WPD FileSystem Volume Driver", but fails to install a driver with the error: "A service installation section of this INF is invalid. The pen seems to work okay in Explorer inspite of this.

2) When I try and connect to a wireless network in the list, it instantly fails. If I manually add a profile, it connects without any problems. As far as I'm aware, I have all the required networking and WLAN components. The WLAN has no encryption enabled.

I haven't removed any of the Hardware Support options, and have no conflicts when I proceed past component removal.

I'd appreciate any input anyone might have.

Nevermind, I seem to have solved it.

The missing components were Windows Connect Now, for the WLAN problem; and Removable Storage Management, for the USB drive, even though it mostly mentions things like changers and jukeboxes.

I've had this same problem with usb keys, that just means you removed some drivers, but as you say that isn't really a problem since the stick works. So basically all you need to do when that message comes up is tick something like 'don't prompt me to install this device again' ;)