MiniSetup and WindowsWelcome

Hi guys.

I have sold my computer on the internet, and I want to do the following:

- Have AVG Free preinstalled,

- Allow the user to enter product key,

- Allow user to choose account name etc.

I have heard that you need MiniSetup and WindowsWelcome in sysprep, but I have never done it before, and all of the info on the Microsoft website confuses me?

Just to elaborate: I want the user to start the computer, complete MiniSetup, and then complete WindowsWelcome (OOBE).

Could someone please enlighten me on how to do this?

Thanks, ollie123.

Ps: I am running Windows XP Professional 32-bit

Edited by ollie123

Update: I went into factory mode and clicked 'reseal', and it DOES boot to WindowsWelcome. But it does not allow me to enter registered owner name, and it keeps the account I made when I first installed windows! HELP!

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem where I need to create an image from a pre-configured Windows XP installation. I have the PC configured with updates and all programs installed. What I am looking for is for the ability to run sysprep, configure the install with minimal user intervention and image using either Ghost or True Image.

My problem is....

I'm not sure whether or not to use OOBE in conjunction with Mini-Setup or not. I am only looking to provide the new computer name. I want everything else automated. I have done this using the Mini-Setup, however, I NEED the welcome screen to show up so that I can create new users as if it were a new PC. When I use Mini-Setup, I get everything configured, except I do not get a welcome screen with a prompt to create users. When I use OOBE, I get the welcome screen to create the users, however.. I have to enter the product key, computer name and Administrator password

I am using a VLK, not an OEM XP disk.

Let me know if you need any additional information...

Please HELP... Thanks!